Another Di2 mix/match queation

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Rexenes

by Rexenes

I see there are some discussions around this, so sorry if its been answered many times already.. (I just could´nt find the exact same mix).

I have a complete Ultegra 6870 Di2. Can I replace parts of this with the DA 9070 without getting in trouble?
Thinking of replacing the FD with 9070 and maybe also the RD later..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

You should be fine. I used 9070 derr's with 6870 shift levers for a few years with zero issues. You can mix and match any 11sp DI2 road components without problems, with the exception of the 9150 FD, though this falls into the category of it'll work just fine, though not to Shimano's standard of ultimate perfection.

kode54

by kode54

i transitioned a few components. on my Parlee ESX, i swapped the FD and the RD both 9150 for my Di2 9070 bike. didn't swap the shifters since i was waiting for a few sales to pick up a set. works fine without updating any firmware.

i got the shifters on sale and have yet to replace them yet...but will during this winter.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Rexenes

by Rexenes

Okay! Thanks for feedback. Might lighten the bike some more then ;)

KCookie

by KCookie

kode54 wrote:i transitioned a few components. on my Parlee ESX, i swapped the FD and the RD both 9150 for my Di2 9070 bike. didn't swap the shifters since i was waiting for a few sales to pick up a set. works fine without updating any firmware.

i got the shifters on sale and have yet to replace them yet...but will during this winter.
Exactly the same situation for me, no problems at all, works perfectly fine. Does loose a few gramms which you are after to.