Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:08 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 1343
JayUK wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks for the great replies :)

It looks like it's a very personal decision, some say the prism lenses are fine for darker rides, some say not.

I'll probably go with the prism lens, as the main purpose is to stop the sun/glare. If I do find them a bit too dark for the miserable weather or late rides then I'll either switch to my Rudys or invest in the photochromic lens.

Cheers,

J.

As I said I have the Oakley photochromic lensed they are great for the cloudy/ rainy weather but I suppose that for glare the Prizm are far superior! (that's why I just ordered one pair)


Top
   
Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:59 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:08 pm
Posts: 1008
Interesting about the low light prism's.. those sound perfect. Will keep an eye out for those in 2018.

Enjoy the new specs Tony/Jay :D


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 1343
Shrike wrote:
Interesting about the low light prism's.. those sound perfect. Will keep an eye out for those in 2018.

Enjoy the new specs Tony/Jay :D
Yes they sound good to me too!
The only problem is to have another pair and to have to spend some more $...


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:23 am
Posts: 202
Location: Veneto
You're all making me want to buy Prizm lenses now.

I have just the black iridium...are they that much better?


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:21 am
Posts: 222
Location: Canberra, Australia
Personally, yes they are quite a bit better than the standard black iridium lens. I find the black iridium is good in really bright sunlight, but as soon as you get a bit of cloud or fading light they can be a bit too dark.

I agree with others, that lens choice, particularly with the Prizm Road/Trail is a personal thing. I got caught in the rain with the Prizm Trail lens a couple of weeks ago and found it too dark for my liking, if i had a choice i would have preferred the Yellow lens to enhance what light was about.

I do like the photochromic lens, but it is a jack of all trades but master of none. It is good for variable lighting conditions, but find it a touch dull in low light.

I am certainly looking forward to trying the Prizm Low Light when it is available.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:15 pm
Posts: 297
I use Prizm road for 90% of the time. The clear non tinted lens covers the other 10%.

_________________
Specialized Venge Pro Disc 8,3 kg


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 1343
MRM wrote:
I use Prizm road for 90% of the time. The clear non tinted lens covers the other 10%.
That's what I was doing + others (blue Iridium, dark iridium, VR27 iridium,....) for the sunny days.

....until....

someone here made me wish to try the Prizm..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:21 am
Posts: 222
Location: Canberra, Australia
Bit more info on the upcoming Prizm Low Light lens https://www.acquiremag.com/sports/oakle ... -low-light

http://o-review.com/forum_detail.php?ID=13975&p=last


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 1343
Thanks for the info!
Maybe my next glasses for the rain?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:53 pm
Posts: 1107
Location: Expat in Washington DC
ALAN Carbon+ wrote:
These sound like what I’m looking for....night rides

Thanks for posting


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 1343
I have meanwhile received my Oakley PRIZM Road and they are great! :thumbup:
@ Shrike: Thank you for your recommendation! :beerchug:

I used them yesterday in a 5 1/2 hours tour with a cloudy winter sky and they were great. Actually better than my photochromic indeed.
I really can recommend these!

I am not sure they are however good if the sky is really sunny like in the summer. Maybe they are then not dark enough. Not sure.
I was told there is also a "PRIZM Black Polarized" which is said to be better suited for brighter lighting conditions.

@Shrike: what is your experience with the PRIZM Road in the summer?


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:15 am
Posts: 253
Another vote for Prizm road lenses. I have two pairs or Oakley Radar Path EV glasses.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk


_________________
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.remo-knops.com/cycling/


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:08 pm
Posts: 1008
@TonyM I'm the wrong guy to ask when it comes to bright days :P Been riding in Scotland for the past 2 summers and we really don't get many days where the sun is full on. Had a few really bright days last summer and they were good, can't remember thinking I'd want less transmission. Somewhere really sunny would probably mean a darker lens though I guess.. Glad you like them so far though!
ALAN Carbon+ wrote:
Nice, looking forward to these 8)


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 1343
Thanks for the feedback!

Yes I am looking forward to get the Prizm low light also now...
My Oakley informed me that they are unfortunately not released yet.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:40 pm
Posts: 2
I'm also a big fan of the Prizm Road. It's my go to in 90% of conditions when I road bike. I know Oakley marketing push this, but I do feel spotting debris on the road easier with them on. Very late in the day they can get a bit dark, but for almost everything else I leave them on.

The Prizm Low Light looks interesting. I have struggled with the Prizm Trail when mountain biking in areas with a heavy tree canopy. Here I find them a little too dark and prefer the photochromic lens. The Prizm Low Light may be a consideration but it will be interesting to see how it handles brighter light conditions, an important factor on variable light rides.


Top
   
Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:15 pm 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Jawbreaker prescription lenses

in Road

JayUK

13

795

Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:27 pm

TonyM View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. S works evade / Oakley shades compatibility problems

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

TurboTommy

16

1300

Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:11 pm

TurboTommy View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alcatraz, Bing [Bot], moyboy, rascel, Sammutd88, silvalis and 37 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited