Which Oakley lens (Jawbreaker) for the UK

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TonyM

by TonyM

The best would be a Prizm transition ! :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Shrike

by Shrike

Prism Low lights starting to appear on eBay, Jawbreakers for a month now and just now spotted my preferred frame the EV Zero. Shame it’s the white frame though, will hold out for another colour. Launch should be soon, this month..

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3062208303

corky

by corky

Shrike wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:55 am
Prism Low lights starting to appear on eBay, Jawbreakers for a month now and just now spotted my preferred frame the EV Zero. Shame it’s the white frame though, will hold out for another colour. Launch should be soon, this month..

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3062208303
Glasses available on oakley.co.uk now, no spare lens avail yet...... and yeah just white frames so far.

wilwil

by wilwil

No one recommended polarised. Any reason?

Shrike

by Shrike

Ah yes I see the Jawbreakers now in white. Guessing EV Zero's will be up soon too. Spotted a new carbon fibre frame finish on the EV Zeros, sort of want, not sure if tacky though :P

Just not up for a white frame right now, really hope we don't have to wait until next season to get other low light frame colours :(

Toying with roadie heart strings here

ALAN Carbon+

by ALAN Carbon+

wilwil wrote:No one recommended polarised. Any reason?
The the polarised lenses available for the Jawbreaker are more suited for bright sunlight rather than changing light conditions.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Low light is low light so anything that helps increase visual accuity should suffice I guess.. I rather miss the old High Intensity Yellows for the M-Frame but you can find clear yellow lenses on Ebay for much less than had you dumped unnecessary money into a Prizm Low Light....I have one of these, does extremely well on cloudy days though my 5am rides (pre-daybreak) usually has me reaching for the clear transition lenses.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Best-SEEK-OPTI ... SwJH5aV-1T
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Conza

by Conza

Right... so I've never been one to deck out on glasses - used to have Northwave, and then some Bolle - one's that sit very close to my face... but look more minimalistic / classic.

I just road into work; dropped them and crushed em under my wheel... oops.

So looking at glasses now... where do I need to go to read up on all the differences?

Basically - I do early morning rides, and late from home - in the dark / wet.

I used to swap lenses; light/clear, and back/tinted...

Suggestions?
It's all about the adventure :o .

IchDien

by IchDien

Well you guys convinced me to order a Prizm road lens to replace my black iridium so ciao ciao £50.

Hope it's worth it!

On another note, have people tried other prizm lenses for road? Looks like some people claim the deep water prizm is good for very high light.

TonyM

by TonyM

IchDien wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:32 pm
(...)
On another note, have people tried other prizm lenses for road? Looks like some people claim the deep water prizm is good for very high light.
PRIZM Black Polarized. This is a lens designed for brighter lighting conditions I was told.

IchDien

by IchDien

Now that it is getting darker...what lens do you guys use for night cycling? Curious about the prizm low light lens.

Bigger Gear

by Bigger Gear

IchDien wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:25 am
Now that it is getting darker...what lens do you guys use for night cycling? Curious about the prizm low light lens.
When it's quite overcast and raining, which it often is here on the Wet Coast of Canada, I really like a yellow lens. I still have one set of original shape Radar glasses fit with a yellow lens for the low light riding. A friend of mine recently got some Jawbreakers with the Low Light Prizm lens, and it does seem fantastic for the same conditions. On my list to add to my collection....

As for pure night riding, I rarely do it but I think the best solution is a clear lens. My opinion is that the rider needs maximum light field entry, and even yellow or LL Prizm are taking some of the light away.

kookie

by kookie

For riding at night, I'd use the clear lenses. For overcast, use the yellow. Haven't tried the Prizm LL.

izza

by izza

Have ordered the LL so will revert once used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guevarca

by Guevarca

The Low Light is ok but I tend to just leave in my photochromic lens to be honest as love how it copes with such a broad spectrum of conditions, even night rides

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com