Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:16 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:28 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Lithuania
Good Day Guys. Need advice regarding my Shimano Di2 9150 group set.
Yesterday receive Shimano Di2 Wireless Unit EW-WU111 D-Fly and install it on my new Canyon Aeroad CF SLX. On my iPad open E-tube Project and try to update the software as per Shimano recommendation. My new installed Wireless Unit EW-WU111 was detected and after that I was asking to update the software and I confirm it. When update came to 11% the E-tube stops and say it was not successful. I try to “forget the Bluetooth device” and start update again but noticed on my SM-EW90 3-port junction A installed under my handlebar NO any lights when you press the button on it. When I checked all the cables connections from the battery to the SM-EW90 3-port junction A – all ok. When I measured the BT-DN110 battery voltage and reading was 7,82 Volts and this voltage is correct. It is fully charged. I have checked my BB junction box as well. I can read 7,82 Volts on all in/out connection points on my both junction boxes and the same voltage on my rear and fwd derailleurs. I think this case is not battery or bad connection issue. Correct voltage present on all points.But as I mentioned before I have NO any lights on SM-EW90 3-port junction A. SM-EW90 3-port junction A is interface between all the components and It looks like not responding/died. So, on this stage I stuck and asking some advice. Maybe someone had the same or similar problem.
Additional I disconnect my battery for few minutes to RESET the system but still the same - Di2 not responding at all...
Probably next step is to connect my Di2 to PC and run diagnostic. In that case can I detect any problems? I cannot do this now as I have Mac and will do it with PC aon Monday.
Or maybe my SM-EW90 3-port junction A is died? How can I check this?
The place when I live we have NO any SHIMANO centers and technicians in the bicycle shops not familiar yet with Di2.

Thanks in advance.

_________________
Current Rides:

2018 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX DI2 9150


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 376
You seemed to have lost connection during update. Plug it to PC with PCE-1 (not sure if your charger also works) and after little while it’s fixed.


Top
   
Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:59 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:52 am
Posts: 1038
same issue happend to me when i was updating the wireless unit. do the following. unplug the battery. wait a minute. replug. the bios will reset to factory.

_________________
Current Rides:

2017 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0 DI2 9150


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:00 pm
Posts: 199
Location: San Sebastian
In e-tube web, If it helps

http://e-tubeproject.shimano.com/news/a ... ction.html

http://e-tubeproject.shimano.com/news/f ... edure.html


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:28 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Lithuania
spartan wrote:
same issue happend to me when i was updating the wireless unit. do the following. unplug the battery. wait a minute. replug. the bios will reset to factory.



Thanks Spartan.
Did that as well. No result.

Will try to connect to PC.

Thank you.

_________________
Current Rides:

2018 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX DI2 9150


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:28 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Lithuania
TurboKoo wrote:
You seemed to have lost connection during update. Plug it to PC with PCE-1 (not sure if your charger also works) and after little while it’s fixed.



In my case I will try make connection to PC with SM-BCR-2 and launch the E-TUBE.

Thank you.

_________________
Current Rides:

2018 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX DI2 9150


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:28 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Lithuania
Sorted!

All steps:
1. Downloaded E-TUBE to PC
2. Connected Di2 on SM-EW90 with SM-BCR-2
3. Open E-tube and got both flushing light on SM-EW90
4. Updated the software-just follow the steps.
5. Open E-TUBE on iPAD and connected with Di2 Wireless Unit EW-WU111 D-Fly ( installed on bike)
6. Updated all Di2 components.
7. All done ! Di2 9150 system working perfect.

Thanks for all replies.

_________________
Current Rides:

2018 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX DI2 9150


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 12:09 pm
Posts: 845
I'm glad you sorted it out! But given all the horor stories I already heard and read, I would only use the BT + app to make small changes to the bike while on the road, such as shift speed, shift points, buttons etc. As you have to plug the bike into the pc anyway once in a while for charging, check for updates etc when doing this, and you should no have any problmes with freezes etc as you encountered :wink:

_________________
Current bikes:
Scott Addict Premium Disc 2018
Scott Addict Orica Greenedge 2015

Retired:
Canyon Endurace CF SLX 2016
Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 2013


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 1307
So far I have always used the E-Tube App on my iPad/ iPhone without any problems, also including updates (9150 with EW-RS910 and EW-WU111).

In which cases would I need to use the PC software?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 12:09 pm
Posts: 845
TonyM wrote:
So far I have always used the E-Tube App on my iPad/ iPhone without any problems, also including updates (9150 with EW-RS910 and EW-WU111).

In which cases would I need to use the PC software?


Luck is on your side then, I have some riding budies that had the exact same type of issues as the OP here using only the app for everything. A couple of others I'm aware off that use only the PC software, never had any problem, me included :lol:

_________________
Current bikes:
Scott Addict Premium Disc 2018
Scott Addict Orica Greenedge 2015

Retired:
Canyon Endurace CF SLX 2016
Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 2013


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 1307
Ok I am going to install the E-Tube PC software on my Mac just in case...


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 1307
No Mac OS version...
http://e-tubeproject.shimano.com

Will have to continue to use the iPad/ iPhone app.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:26 am
Posts: 249
Location: PNW
Delorre wrote:
TonyM wrote:
So far I have always used the E-Tube App on my iPad/ iPhone without any problems, also including updates (9150 with EW-RS910 and EW-WU111).

In which cases would I need to use the PC software?
Luck is on your side then, I have some riding budies that had the exact same type of issues as the OP here using only the app for everything. A couple of others I'm aware off that use only the PC software, never had any problem, me included :lol:
Agree with Delorre, luck has been on your side.

I used E-tube on my iPad to update the Di2 firmware and it bricked. I didn't at the time have a PC (only Mac) so couldn't connect to my PC. I had to take it to the dealer. They had to replace the battery which went FUBAR, reprogram and update via PC. What a mess e-Tube caused. Since then I haven't tried updates myself but rather had them done at the dealer.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 1307
eaglejackson wrote:
Delorre wrote:
TonyM wrote:
So far I have always used the E-Tube App on my iPad/ iPhone without any problems, also including updates (9150 with EW-RS910 and EW-WU111).

In which cases would I need to use the PC software?
Luck is on your side then, I have some riding budies that had the exact same type of issues as the OP here using only the app for everything. A couple of others I'm aware off that use only the PC software, never had any problem, me included :lol:
Agree with Delorre, luck has been on your side.

I used E-tube on my iPad to update the Di2 firmware and it bricked. I didn't at the time have a PC (only Mac) so couldn't connect to my PC. I had to take it to the dealer. They had to replace the battery which went FUBAR, reprogram and update via PC. What a mess e-Tube caused. Since then I haven't tried updates myself but rather had them done at the dealer.
How old are your Di2 parts?
And which battery do you have?


Top
   
Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:54 am 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:26 am
Posts: 249
Location: PNW
TonyM wrote:
eaglejackson wrote:
Delorre wrote:
TonyM wrote:
So far I have always used the E-Tube App on my iPad/ iPhone without any problems, also including updates (9150 with EW-RS910 and EW-WU111).

In which cases would I need to use the PC software?
Luck is on your side then, I have some riding budies that had the exact same type of issues as the OP here using only the app for everything. A couple of others I'm aware off that use only the PC software, never had any problem, me included :lol:
Agree with Delorre, luck has been on your side.

I used E-tube on my iPad to update the Di2 firmware and it bricked. I didn't at the time have a PC (only Mac) so couldn't connect to my PC. I had to take it to the dealer. They had to replace the battery which went FUBAR, reprogram and update via PC. What a mess e-Tube caused. Since then I haven't tried updates myself but rather had them done at the dealer.
How old are your Di2 parts?
And which battery do you have?
The parts are 3 year old Dura Ace 9070 Di2 with the BT-DN110 battery.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. 9150 Di2 11-32

in Road

Henryexige

4

822

Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:18 am

Pokerface07 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Dura-Ace 9150 & handlebars

in Road

ThePhoenix74

11

1427

Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:34 am

ThePhoenix74 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Di2 Rear Mech | 9070 to 9150.

in Road

p3dalfaster

2

603

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:29 pm

LeviR View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Dura-Ace 9100/9150 and 10 speed

in Road

fosen

6

1102

Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:23 am

egebhardt View the latest post

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Best price for Dura Ace 9150 Upgrade kit?

in Road

Noctiluxx

0

569

Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:28 pm

Noctiluxx View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4ibanez, fromtrektocolnago, joeg26er, lone wheeler, seaneT1, themidge and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited