Best work stand/ clamp?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TonyM

by TonyM

Hi,

I just found that I cannot use anymore easily my Park Tool PRS-20 with my new bike with thru-axle and fenders (especially for the bike wash that I do after each extensive bike ride in the wet). The long front fenders inhibit the bike to be attached with the fork and attaching the bike with the rear thru axle with the adapters is not convenient at all compared to the QR version.

I am therefore now looking for a very good work/ wash stand for my new bike with a non round carbon seat post.

As far as I understand the work stands with a clamp should be ok for this type of non round carbon seat post, right?

If yes which work/ wash stand would you recommend? Which clamp is the best?

So far I am looking at the Park tool and Feedback Sports.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

Looking at the different stands from Park took and Feedback sports, their specifications and pricing I will most probably go for the "Feedback Pro-Elite Work Stand". It seems robust and quite ok to use as a wash stand.
https://www.feedbacksports.com/shop/pro ... ork-stand/

Any cons that I oversee?

bikeguy0

by bikeguy0

I race for them and have multiple stands. The quick release is awesome. They are fantastic people. They have spare parts easily for sale on their website which is invaluable if you have a problem down the road, etc. Take a look at the sprint stand too. Depends on what you're doing and what type of bike but that stand is really awesome for washing bikes as you can easily swing the bike around to get to the other side.

TonyM

by TonyM

bikeguy0 wrote:Take a look at the sprint stand too. Depends on what you're doing and what type of bike but that stand is really awesome for washing bikes as you can easily swing the bike around to get to the other side.

That type of stand is the best im my opinion BUT it doesn't work with full fenders (the front full fender is lower than the BB/ fork dropout).
I have just emailed Feedback Sports and asked if they have a way to adapt the Sprint Work Stand for bikes with full fenders. Let's see what they say....

AJS914

by AJS914

I have that one. It is seriously nice. I was very impressed by the quality.Being all aluminum is also great for washing as it won't rust.

TonyM wrote:Looking at the different stands from Park took and Feedback sports, their specifications and pricing I will most probably go for the "Feedback Pro-Elite Work Stand". It seems robust and quite ok to use as a wash stand.

Any cons that I oversee?

bremerradkurier

by bremerradkurier

Don't forget that you can use a work stand to hold a beach umbrella before/after your ride while you're by your car in a parking lot.

TonyM

by TonyM

bremerradkurier wrote:Don't forget that you can use a work stand to hold a beach umbrella before/after your ride while you're by your car in a parking lot.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Never thought about that ! :beerchug:

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

TonyM wrote:Looking at the different stands from Park took and Feedback sports, their specifications and pricing I will most probably go for the "Feedback Pro-Elite Work Stand". It seems robust and quite ok to use as a wash stand.

Any cons that I oversee?

I have this stand for a few years. Used too many times to count. Still in top shape. Worth the money.

spud

by spud

I have a Topeak Prepstand Pro that is quite sturdy & useful, folds up nicely into a storage bag. My prior stand was an Ultimate, which was good right up until the upper shaft clamp failed, which in retrospect was bound to happen based on the design. They wanted me to purchase a new tripod, which I declined to do.

Shrike

by Shrike

Whatever you do, do not ever go near the Tacx Spider. Worthless POS.

TonyM

by TonyM

Just found that!
Actually good but $250! :shock:

https://hirobel.com

TonyM

by TonyM

Thanks for all the feedbacks!
I will order a Feedback Sports Pro-Elite Work Stand.
(BTW the customer service from Feedback Sports war really helpful as answering all my questions!)

Digger90

by Digger90

I've owned a Feedback Pro Elite for a year. It's great.

So good that it makes me also want to buy one of their Sprint stands too. I totally don't need it... but I'm sure I would find it very useful! :lol:

TonyM

by TonyM

Digger90 wrote:I've owned a Feedback Pro Elite for a year. It's great.

So good that it makes me also want to buy one of their Sprint stands too. I totally don't need it... but I'm sure I would find it very useful! :lol:

I have the Sprint type from Park Tool. THIS kind of stand is just the BEST im my opinion! (it just doesn't work with my rain bike with the full fenders unfortunately but I will definitely keep mine for my other bikes).

If you buy one I bet you will not use the "regular" stand anymore.

evan326

by evan326

Can I sneak in on this also? I have a park pcs 10 which I like for everything I need it for, but I want a cheap one for washing.
I don't want to lug this one inside and out, or worry about it rusting. Any recommendations on a cheap stand just for washing outside?

@TonyM I would recommend the pcs 10, it's a little cheaper than the feedback one. It doesn't fold down as neatly and easily as the feedback though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com