pyc s1101 chain

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

carhillclimb

by carhillclimb

Any actual user experience with the PYC S1101 chain? It is just about the same weight as the YBN SFL-211 ti chain. I use mostly KMC, X11SL is common on my bikes, and those measure maybe 20g more. I have yet to wear out the SFL-211 but I do not think it shifts as well as the X11SL on a bike with a campy super record cable shift with powercordz.
Michael Wilson

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

carhillclimb wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:42 am
Any actual user experience with the PYC S1101 chain? It is just about the same weight as the YBN SFL-211 ti chain. I use mostly KMC, X11SL is common on my bikes, and those measure maybe 20g more. I have yet to wear out the SFL-211 but I do not think it shifts as well as the X11SL on a bike with a campy super record cable shift with powercordz.
I'm looking for a new chain, 11 speed.

These seem cheap & light.

What's your experience?

I'm open to other chain recommendations,

I normally use a Dura Ace and go through 2 -3 a year,
Dura ace FD & RD, FSA SLK light chain ring
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

micky

by micky

I've used 2 one them and no problem from my experience.
The weight is spot on and I would compare them to KMC and Yaban chains.

ericoschmitt

by ericoschmitt

carhillclimb wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:42 am
Any actual user experience with the PYC S1101 chain?
I tried to comment on this gallery
https://www.starbike.com/galleries/?id= ... 1526001328

But couldn't, cant post comment...Sorry doing it here, the wrong thread, I just hope you can help me. I also couldn't find a way to PM you.

Where did you get that triplizer ring done?? I got Athena 3x11 but the inner BCD is 94, comes with 30t, minimum 29 possibly. Middle 39 is a triplizer, I'd love to make it bcd 74 and run a 24t. I just wonder if the der will work ok with a smaller granny, since it has some ramps and curves in the cage that seem to match the chainring sizes.

Is that front der a double? I suppose if you run smallXsmall the chain might rub the lower part of the cage? But then you are smart enough for not doing it.
Left shifter is a 10s triple right? Or is it possible to get a modern double and put in the inner of a 10s triple?

I consider Lightening triple as a possible upgrade in the future, then I could get whatever spider/BCD/rings I like. But so far I like the alloy Athena.
My frame is steel english thread, do you think a crankset like yours could work??

alcatraz

by alcatraz

The PYC SP1101 works fine. Have one on my bike and my friends bike. I havent put in many km's but my friend has and he is a large guy. Chain holds up fine and I've been using x10sl before. We switched to pyc for the weight saving :lol:

Weight is spot on 227gr for 116links.

hannawald

by hannawald

can confirm that i don´t see any difference with PYC, just lighter weight:)

kode54

by kode54

not that being lighter has anything to do with not lasting as long as the HG901 chain from Shimano. more stretch with PYC chain for me.
it was .5 about a month and .75 in some spots in two months. i can go twice as long with the HG901.

with the HG901, you also get the nice Shimano quick link bonus.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kofsw4

by kofsw4

Any further views on longevity of these chains vs kmc, Shimano etc?

Also do they come with a quick link or pin connector or some other joining mechanism?

Thanks

JerryLook

by JerryLook

I’ve been using a PYC for about 500 miles. It looks good so far. The chain before this was a Dura Ace chain.

The PYC comes in at stated weight, and comes with a quick link. I was going to get the KMC X11SL, but the PYC was lighter, cheaper, and also has good reviews.

My only comment about the PYC is the quick link comes apart super easy. It has never come off accidentally, but I can very easily pull it apart with my hands. This is compared to a KMC quicklink that I needed pliers for.
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
5.97kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kofsw4

by kofsw4

Great, thanks for the feedback, I'm going to try one out!