I'm looking at buying a Scott Addict

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dim

by dim

Hi Guys ....

I'm seriously looking at buying a good used Scott Addict ... I will use this as my daily commuter (over 200Km/week) plus I will use it for long Audax rides. I will add a lightweight dynamo hub, dynamo lights, Crud (or similar clip on mudguards), Apidura bags, and light aero tubeless ready rims

I have a Giant TCR composite 2 which I use as my 'fast bike' and have HED Belgium Plus rims with Chris King R45 hubs (the ceramic upgrade) ....

what I need to know, is what are the differnces between the Scott Addict models.

Currently, I'm using a 1980's Koga Miyata full pro (steel frame) as my daily commuter .... have used it for a while now, but I want something faster and lighter and that is good in headwind and hills
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

djel

by djel

Not sure about all generations but I have a 2014 and it goes like this:
- regular carbon frame: Addict 10, 20 & 30
- lighter frame: Addict Premium or Team issue

I have an Addict 20 and it came pretty light with a full Ultegra groupset but heavy-ish wheels.

I love mine...sitting at 6.8kg with full DA groupset and lighter carbon clinchers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

From my experience with the premium Scott models they are incredibly efficient! Really a good compromise between stiffness and comfort.
In my opinion the premium Scott are expensive but really worth the money.
I would go for the premium frame and some Ultegra on it. For the wheels I would take some mid or low profile together with good hubs. Fulcrum Racing Zero for example.