Campagnolo Movement......Thoughts?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

My God... they’re getting into vacuum cleaners. I guess it was inevitable.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fogman

by fogman

robertbb wrote:One of the drawbacks of running Campy is lack of (cost effective) options when it comes to power meters.

Shimano has an option of an integrated PM, and SRAM has eTap which set them apart.

Campagnolo may not be able to compete in pure R&D budget, but if I were them I'd be approaching Favero (another Italian company) and figuring out how they can work together to build a Campagnolo power meter pedal (or integrate a power meter into their high end cranks.
I am about to order a Campagnolo Power2Max NG eco. But I do hope that Campagnolo comes out with their own spider based power meter soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

g00se

by g00se

WRT the power meter's I guess it's because the cranks-arms are carbon so the strain measurements are not as consistent. Hense a fewcheaper Potenza crank-arm based meter but not much for the top-end ones.

micky

by micky

Finally we will see that Tiso 12s wireless patent in good use?

c60rider

by c60rider

fogman wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:29 am
robertbb wrote:One of the drawbacks of running Campy is lack of (cost effective) options when it comes to power meters.

Shimano has an option of an integrated PM, and SRAM has eTap which set them apart.

Campagnolo may not be able to compete in pure R&D budget, but if I were them I'd be approaching Favero (another Italian company) and figuring out how they can work together to build a Campagnolo power meter pedal (or integrate a power meter into their high end cranks.
I am about to order a Campagnolo Power2Max NG eco. But I do hope that Campagnolo comes out with their own spider based power meter soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would imagine 100% Campagnolo are working on this but much like the disc brakes they were later than other manufacturers but they're at least as good if not slightly better than what else is out there. I would think they will bring something out that looks very much in keeping with the existing groups and just works and won't release it until it does. Maybe they will do something spindle based so as to be able to keep the full carbon look rather than the P2M and SRM compromises. Or maybe they will collaborate with an existing power meter expert in the way they did with Magura on the discs. I guess it will appear on pro bikes first of all but can't imagine it will be released this year. Shimano seemed to take ages to release theirs for purchase after first announcing it and it still seems to have problems with the L/R accuracy.

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

micky wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:27 am
Finally we will see that Tiso 12s wireless patent in good use?
It is not inconceivable that the picture is of the fine pitch thread of 12 speed EPS.
Perhaps 1x compatible.
Perhaps Wireless.

Come on Campag.