Jagwire Elite Cable Campag question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

Will these cables work with 11 speed Campy ? I am interested in the brake cables mostly. So if the brake cables work but the shifters do not then that would be ok..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

Jagwire does make Campy specific inner cables, I recently got some spares in the more expensive Elite Ultra-Slick version. Totally underwhelmed with the brake cable, came with 2 kinks and 1 inclusion (making the area look very fat). It seems to work OK but ...
As for the shifter cable, it feels thinner than original Campy. I can't give a solid impression on how it worked because I had to replace it very soon for an irrelevant reason.

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

I think im going to run campy shift cable and try the jagwire link for brakes.

Disc0

by Disc0

I recently tried to use Jagwire's Mountain Elite cables with Campy SR EPS shifters.

No go - the heads on the inner cables wouldn't fit the shifters. The outer cables worked nicely though, with Campy inners.

silvalis

by silvalis

Mountain? As in brake cables meant for mountain levers, with the round cylinder head instead of road brake mushroom heads?

Yes. Those definitely won't fit.
Chasse patate

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Works totally fine with campag and you don't need any special type of housing either. Just use the 4mm step down sections into the shifters and ignore the instructions that come with and running the jag housing all the way to the shifters

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

sugarkane wrote:Works totally fine with campag and you don't need any special type of housing either. Just use the 4mm step down sections into the shifters and ignore the instructions that come with and running the jag housing all the way to the shifters

Thanks, Just finished the install. Like a charm!

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Hapsmo911 wrote:Thanks, Just finished the install. Like a charm!

I've been F'n around with Nokon cables on a Campy/EE brakes set up. Brakes all good, shifters have been a PIA........ still going, Never again The Jagwire are simply a better kit IMO......

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com