Saevid Alien Saddle...Reviews/Experience

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

I'm looking for a new saddle, something lightweight and yet comfortable enough to use for up to 6 hours.

I happened on the Saevid Alien on the internet but can't find much information.

Have you tried one? How was it?

And am toying with the idea of a Speed Needle Marathon...they have an unusual look.
Also Berk but they're a bit expensive

addictR1

by addictR1

Subscribed. I was looking into BERK saddle as well but I’m using 143mm romin EVO pro but BERK doesn’t have that width.. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

jhalmar

by jhalmar

^ 132mm padded Berk Lupina is about 140mm with padding so I think it could be all right?

addictR1

by addictR1

jhalmar wrote:^ 132mm padded Berk Lupina is about 140mm with padding so I think it could be all right?

oh yea? do you or anyone have a pic of it measured? i see it listed as 132mm so i'm a bit hesitant in pulling the trigger. i'm 68Kg i love the weight of the Berk saddle.. which would help slim down my TMR02. currently it's sitting at 16.08# (7294g) with romin evo saddle :(

http://www.starbike.com/en/berk-composi ... _BwE#31929

jhalmar

by jhalmar

Juri Berk himself told that padding adds 3-4mm to each side (this forum other discussion) but if you want be sure you can always ask: https://www.berk-composites.com/contacts/

KCookie

by KCookie

Ive got a Berk padded List oval rails just sitting in a box unused im willing to measure and sell.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DWatkinsBSB

by DWatkinsBSB

I've had my Saevid Alien custom ordered with no graphics for a long time now. I've always had Spesh Toupes on my other bikes and the similarity in shape made me believe the fit should work, and it did!

There is a fair bit of flex on the wings (as you'd expect), meaning that for it works just fine with me on those 4-6 hours ride. Not to say saddles with no padding don't need a little getting used to (because for me it did).

Fire away if you have any other questions!

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Just received my 2nd 132mm padded, can confirm it measured @ 140mm on the dot.

BB
Ahhh, coffee & carbon

KCookie

by KCookie

Mine is slightly narrower at 137.5mm.

addictR1

by addictR1

thanks guys for measuring the Berk saddle.

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

DWatkinsBSB wrote:I've had my Saevid Alien custom ordered with no graphics for a long time now. I've always had Spesh Toupes on my other bikes and the similarity in shape made me believe the fit should work, and it did!

There is a fair bit of flex on the wings (as you'd expect), meaning that for it works just fine with me on those 4-6 hours ride. Not to say saddles with no padding don't need a little getting used to (because for me it did).

Fire away if you have any other questions!

Thanks...have decided to go for a Speedneedle Marathon...time and kms will tell if it was a wise choice

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I have a berk padded saddle and a saevid alien, I love the berk saddle, I might love the alien saddle alas I have not really used it.

by Weenie