lightweight cables that's not squishy

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

addictR1

by addictR1

currently on my addict r1 i'm using aican links.. while that's lightweight and all.. but it's squishy. also on my rear cable i had a couple links crack.

so what other brands out there that is pretty lightweight? while i'm at it.. is there a lighter cable solution for my TMR02 as well, which requires a full length cables...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sungod

by sungod

i've used nokon for years, had no problems with the beads, definitely not squishy

even with metal cables i always used the powercordz liner with it, i find it gives lower friction than the nokon liner and is more durable

addictR1

by addictR1

sungod wrote:i've used nokon for years, had no problems with the beads, definitely not squishy

even with metal cables i always used the powercordz liner with it, i find it gives lower friction than the nokon liner and is more durable

so do you run nokon and then the part of the cables that is routed internally you use the powercordz? my TMR also has a zipp SL70 aero handlebar.. so that's internally routed too.

for scott it's pretty easy since it's all outside.

sungod

by sungod

addictR1 wrote:
sungod wrote:i've used nokon for years, had no problems with the beads, definitely not squishy

so do you run nokon and then the part of the cables that is routed internally you use the powercordz? my TMR also has a zipp SL70 aero handlebar.. so that's internally routed too.

for scott it's pretty easy since it's all outside.

with nokon, there's a separate flexy helical section used for routing from the shifters and inside the bars/under bar tape, then it uses beads for the rest of the sections where you'd normally have outer

the powercordz liner is what goes through it all, the liner is just ptfe tubing, not outer

if on the tmr you need outer run internally through the frame, i.e. there are no cable stops, then nokon beads are not a good match, it'd be a nightmare if somehow the beads came off the liner during fitting/removal and got loose inside the frame!