Is it too late to purchase a Colnago C60?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Is it too late to purchase a Colnago C60

Poll ended at Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:00 am

Yes, the C60 is nearing the end of its life and it is not a good time to buy
16%
No, the C60 will be for sale at least through 2018 and it is a great time to buy
64%
The C59 is better than the C60 because it is the last flagship Colnago with a BSA bottom bracket
20%

Total votes: 91

AJS914

by AJS914

To me the GP4000 doesn't seem harsh. I tried Vittoria Corsa Evo CXes "open tubular" and yes, they were a little more supple. I didn't think the difference was dramatic and I also got frequent flats on the Vittorias so they weren't worth a tiny bit of extra comfort. Before the Vittorias, I tried the Michelin Pro4 service corse and they were sort of in between the GP4000 and Vittoria. Again, it was a very tiny difference to me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

nestornnk wrote:The replacement of the C60 will come next summer.
The good thing is that you can still order a C60 with a custom paint job for around 300euros extra.Unfortunately Colnago will have to approve your design...

Any more info?

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

nestornnk wrote:The replacement of the C60 will come next summer.
The good thing is that you can still order a C60 with a custom paint job for around 300euros extra.Unfortunately Colnago will have to approve your design...

Summer 2019?
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

nestornnk

by nestornnk

Summer 2018.
Unfortunately there is no information yet about the new model.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

if a successor to the c60 is due out as early as summer 2018 colnago should be releasing hints as soon as the start of the year. shame my c-59 still works for me....
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

TonyM

by TonyM

There is not really a demand for a successor of the C60.

All owners of C60 are very happy and the demand for the C60 is high.

Jitensha

by Jitensha

Thank you to everyone who chimed in and I upgraded from the C59 to the C60. I have to say the build quality seemed higher on the C59 and I'm not impressed that the C60 uses decals instead of painted graphics. For a frame of this level the build quality and construction should be much higher. I get the sense that Colnago is focused on sales growth and it seems to be at the expense of quality. For me the C59 may have been the last great Colnago flagship with lugged construction since it also used a BSA bottom bracket.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Jitensha wrote:Thank you to everyone who chimed in and I upgraded from the C59 to the C60. I have to say the build quality seemed higher on the C59 and I'm not impressed that the C60 uses decals instead of painted graphics. For a frame of this level the build quality and construction should be much higher. I get the sense that Colnago is focused on sales growth and it seems to be at the expense of quality. For me the C59 may have been the last great Colnago flagship with lugged construction since it also used a BSA bottom bracket.

I would never consider the c-60 an upgrade to the C-59. I simply view them as slightly different. If I didn't have a C-59 , I'd get a C-60. Having a C-59, I see no reason to switch. I agree with you about the BSA bottom bracket. The C-60 is a bit more accommodating of 25 mm tires, which can be a plus in some situations.

For what its worth i think you can't go wrong with either.

Just double checked. It looks like my C-59 uses a combination.

Decals? Really?
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

Jitensha

by Jitensha

fromtrektocolnago wrote:Decals?

The Art Deco C60 finishes like MPWH, MHWH, MHRD, and MHCF generally are fully painted. However C60 finishes like PLBK, PLWH, PLRD, PLLB, PLGL, PLAN, and PLCV all use simple, adhesive logos that are not protected with a matte clear coat. In comparison, C59 finishes like MTBK used paint and stencils for the majority of the graphics. They are clearly trying to grow the brand by cutting costs, moving production to Taiwan for most frames, and opening more IBD dealers than ever before. I wished their flagship frames were still lovingly crafted. It seems the frames made in Taiwan have a higher level of finish than those handmade in Cambiago.

idphm46

by idphm46

i think it is bad choice

MattN

by MattN

Jitensha wrote:
fromtrektocolnago wrote: Decals?
The Art Deco C60 finishes like MPWH, MHWH, MHRD, and MHCF generally are fully painted. However C60 finishes like PLBK, PLWH, PLRD, PLLB, PLGL, PLAN, and PLCV all use simple, adhesive logos that are not protected with a matte clear coat. In comparison, C59 finishes like MTBK used paint and stencils for the majority of the graphics. They are clearly trying to grow the brand by cutting costs, moving production to Taiwan for most frames, and opening more IBD dealers than ever before. I wished their flagship frames were still lovingly crafted. It seems the frames made in Taiwan have a higher level of finish than those handmade in Cambiago.
Do you have a source or article for that information about the logos being painted on AD schemes and stickers on others?

titaniumconfidential

by titaniumconfidential

Jitensha wrote:I am considering purchasing a Colnago C60 but given the bike was released in 2014, I am wondering if now is a bad time buy?
C60 is a gorgeous bike. But in my view I would wait for new model when they hopefully replace the seatpost collar with some internal binding similar to the V2 or any other modern high need frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

It seems resonable with a new model, partly due to tire size limit of C60.
It would be interesting to see what kind of feedback Colnago has received, what are they intending to improve?
Is it aero, is it weight, through axle system and adaption for that, or the sum of those?

I must compliment one thing with Colnago, their range of sizes (Sloping, Standard and High).
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

My C60 rides like a dream and it is running a Wishbone Thread Fit 82.5 bottom bracket which works just like a BSA. It has been staying silent since it was installed 6 months ago and I don't see how it can be problematic with regular maintenance. I'm hoping more companies will start making 82.5 bottom bracket so C60 (or its replacement) and V2-R owners can really get full potential out of the frame design.

Digger90

by Digger90

Or Colnago could blaze a trail into the future ahead of other manufacturers by introducing threaded BB's! :D

I mean, seriously... Colnago goes to the trouble of machining and installing a threaded insert into their BB shells... into which we fit stupid PF BB's. Why?

Were threaded BB's really that bad? No

Does anyone really believe the BS and hype spouted about PF BB shells allowing manufacturers to design stronger, stiffer BB areas? Like they couldn't figure out a way to do that with threaded BB's? C'mon.. REALLY?

So, come on Colnago. Be brave. Rail against this stupid monstrosity that cost-cutting accountants brought into the industry and set an example by bringing back threaded BB's.

Most people need press fit BB's like we need a hole in the head!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com