Is it too late to purchase a Colnago C60?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Is it too late to purchase a Colnago C60

Poll ended at Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:00 am

Yes, the C60 is nearing the end of its life and it is not a good time to buy
16%
No, the C60 will be for sale at least through 2018 and it is a great time to buy
64%
The C59 is better than the C60 because it is the last flagship Colnago with a BSA bottom bracket
20%

Total votes: 91

Jitensha

by Jitensha

I am considering purchasing a Colnago C60 but given the bike was released in 2014, I am wondering if now is a bad time buy?

SampsC50

by SampsC50

If you want it you should buy it no matter if there is a new model coming. However, if your only interested in the latest possible model you should wait.
Trek Madone 9 Project One
Colnago C50 PR11

Ex: Eddie Merckx EMX-7, Colnago Master, Rose Pro SL Carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

No it is not too late....The C60 are still available! LOL.........(sorry I couldn't resist......)

The C60 is still selling very well and it is by far the best selling item from Colnago so I am not sure that they will release a new model of the C60 in 2018 for example. Maybe in 2019 if the sales start to decline...Except if they go the way of Pinarello (the F10 is just a little bit better than the F8 etc...). There is not much that they can significantly improve on the C60 IMHO. And the Concept and the V2-R have been released not a while ago.

My advise: buy it, ride it and enjoy it. When the new one comes out, you can still swap the frame for the new one if you really prefer the new one...
So it is up to you to know if you would enjoy riding the C60 for now on....

r_mutt

by r_mutt

The C60 is a bike you keep for at least 5 years. It's a classic. The only decision you should be making is- disc or traditional brakes?

TonyM

by TonyM

r_mutt wrote: The only decision you should be making is- disc or traditional brakes?

+1

AJS914

by AJS914

What would it matter if a C61 came out tomorrow? You would still have a sweet C60.

hannawald

by hannawald

Don´t take it please as a flame attempt, I may be just a lack of my knowledge. But C60 is a classic frame. There is nearly nothing to improve..The industry is going disc, aero, cable integration. None of it is an issue for classic C60..the only thing they may improve is tyre clearance I think. Is it important for you?

micky

by micky

The UAE pro team have been using a mix of standard rim brakes and a few frames with direct mount brakes; I would guess that if Colnago release something new it would be a C60 with direct mount brakes (if they got positive feedbacks).

silvalis

by silvalis

AJS914 wrote:What would it matter if a C61 came out tomorrow? You would still have a sweet C60.

If it came out tomorrow, it would be called a C63. or C64.
Chasse patate

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I would wait or buy a used.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Vermu

by Vermu

In my eyes colnago is one of those which are never too old and the next gen isn't some hyped stuff that would really matter.

Shrike

by Shrike

What's their update cycle like?

You're kidding yourself if you think their marketers and design team can't bring out a new feature that'll make you go wet. Tread carefully :P

Johnnysmooth

by Johnnysmooth

r_mutt wrote:The C60 is a bike you keep for at least 5 years. It's a classic. The only decision you should be making is- disc or traditional brakes?

Also sloping or traditional top tube
Then there are all those color choices...
It only hurts if you think.

audiojan

by audiojan

If you always want the "latest and greatest" then Colnago is probably not for you... if you want a bike that is the absolute tip of ride quality and pure enjoyment of riding a bike, then the C60 should be one of your top choices.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WR74

by WR74

Get it and you won't be sorry. Even the C59 is still in demand. Colnago's don't tend to hang around in the classified sections of forums, regardless of model

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk