Is it too late to purchase a Colnago C60?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Is it too late to purchase a Colnago C60

Poll ended at Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:00 am

Yes, the C60 is nearing the end of its life and it is not a good time to buy
16%
No, the C60 will be for sale at least through 2018 and it is a great time to buy
64%
The C59 is better than the C60 because it is the last flagship Colnago with a BSA bottom bracket
20%

Total votes: 91

Greenduck

by Greenduck

Don't know if the C60 will be for sale through 2018 but it shouldn't really be a deciding factor. The C60 is and will still be an amazing frame even when the next version comes out.

Personally I think there's a tendency for bike manufacturers to make bike frames which are even more aerodynamic, stiff and light. And even though these a important factors and even more important factor to me is looks. I don't really care if a frame is more aero, stiffer or lighter if the design looks weird. I would never buy a Specialized Venge ViAS simply because I think it's ugly. The C60 is still a beautiful frame. I would never upgrade my Dogma 65.1 Think 2 to a F8 or F10. They are just not very appealing to me in the aesthetics. Of course, this is a very personal preference.

If the C60 makes you smile when you look at it then it's the right bike for you. Everything else is secondary.
Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=139324

AJS914

by AJS914

audiojan wrote:If you always want the "latest and greatest" then Colnago is probably not for you... if you want a bike that is the absolute tip of ride quality and pure enjoyment of riding a bike, then the C60 should be one of your top choices.

If you want more "modern" features in a Colnago then you get the Concept or V2-R.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

r_mutt

by r_mutt

micky wrote:The UAE pro team have been using a mix of standard rim brakes and a few frames with direct mount brakes; I would guess that if Colnago release something new it would be a C60 with direct mount brakes (if they got positive feedbacks).

You can presently order the C60 with 3 different style brakes: traditional, direct mount, and disc.

kgt

by kgt

There are "new" C50 builds in this forum that look as sexy as anything. Trends come and go but C60 is a classic frame, one you will probably never sell. When the newest sl-aero-disc-marvel will seem retarded in a couple of years your C60 will look awesome.

3Pio

by 3Pio

The beauty of Colnago C60 (and other C models), is that is evergreen. Its never too late to get one, since dont sell u marketing mumbo jumbo, it's sell u real quality and real pure content.. And will always have value (not the case for other "Trending models"). And also except Direct Mount brakes and some weight cut off (it's not heavy as u think.. Just 100-150 gm difference from Pinarello Dogma F8, maybe less in some of colour options..) i really cant see what can be improved.

So go for it :)

micky

by micky

r_mutt wrote:You can presently order the C60 with 3 different style brakes: traditional, direct mount, and disc.

Ah jeezz....I didnt know that!
That's an interesting option right there.

r4nd0mv4r14bl3

by r4nd0mv4r14bl3

With regard to the new brake options. Aren't you sacrificing some of the talked 'evergreen' 'classic' look if you go with DM brakes. I.e. cutouts in the seatstays and different fork.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

your poll choices are poor. yes the c-59 has advantages due to its bsa bottom bracket. its no longer available. not read any real complaints about the c-60 bottom bracket so probably not worth stressing about. and unlike other products colnago's c-line seems to stay cutting edge regardless of whether its the current production model. lots of riders continuing to enjoy and do well with the c-40, c-50, c-59 and c-60. someday there will be a c-70. perhaps in 18 months but who knows. but when that does happen people riding their c-50, c-59 and c-60 will still have a great bike. i don't regret riding my c-59 while others are on the newer c-60. if i didn't buy a c-59 i'd surely be on a c-60 now. and if i had bought a c-50 back when it came out, i'd be on it today and not the c-59.

Doesn't appear that a c-70 is due on in 2018. maybe 2019 or 2020. When Colnago comes out with replacements they are evolutionary and not revolutionary. You're not riding an out of date model when the newer one comes out. The direct mount brake option is interesting. Maybe one day i'll consider, for now my c-59 doesn't hold me back, more like i hold it back.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

oraclesin

by oraclesin

depend on your choice. actually C59, C60, or any 2018? models.. The most significant change is design.

And the important thing is your engine... maybe already you know...

mriddle

by mriddle

C-64 is coming...
Colnago has already stopped accepting new orders for C-60 in certain traditional sizes.
Still wouldn’t hesitate to go for a C-60, especially if it were at an attractive price.
I ride and love a C-59, better than 90% of other carbon out there after 5 years.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Well, I just finally got one after considering it for the past 2+ years. Nothing else new or recent even came close to appealing to me. I have a LOOK 595 Ultra that is still the bomb, a TIME RXR that is comfy and very nice, but this new C60 should hopefully be a combo of the best of both. We will see.....

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Never too late to buy any Colnago. I was considering the C60 before going with the Bianchi Oltre XR4. By summer of 2018, I plan on adding the Fluro Orange C60 with all Campy components. Frankly I could care less if a C64, C70, or C200 follow a month later. The bike is timeless.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

mag

by mag

If you live in the EU, Italian shop Cicli Mattio is currently running a sale on some C60 framesets. The selection of sizes & color variants is quite limited but if you find an acceptable combination for you, it may not be a bad time & place for purchasing.

avispa

by avispa

SampsC50 wrote:If you want it you should buy it no matter if there is a new model coming. However, if your only interested in the latest possible model you should wait.

Yes and no... Especially with Colnago. The C60 was released in 2014, but not available everywhere for a while after that. With Colnago, you are not really going to miss out too much as far technology goes from one release to the other, they are a conservative company at the high end side. However, one consideration you should make is wait for a definite list of available 2018 colors, in case they come our with something different that you may like.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

avispa

by avispa

Greenduck wrote:Personally I think there's a tendency for bike manufacturers to make bike frames which are even more aerodynamic, stiff and light. And even though these a important factors and even more important factor to me is looks. I don't really care if a frame is more aero, stiffer or lighter if the design looks weird. I would never buy a Specialized Venge ViAS simply because I think it's ugly. The C60 is still a beautiful frame. I would never upgrade my Dogma 65.1 Think 2 to a F8 or F10. They are just not very appealing to me in the aesthetics. Of course, this is a very personal preference.

True, but luckily with Colnago they do it by offering different frames (Concept, V1,2-R, etc.), rather than making all those changes with their flagship frame as Pinarello does. For instance, look at the drastic change from the Dogma 65.1 to the F8.