2014 Addict Team Edition HMX

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

I'm looking to buy a new bike for next season. Been riding a 2000 Klein Quantum Pro since 2000. I'm only 155lbs, 6'1" and the bike has served me well. Climbs great, gives a good ride, but I'm looking for something new to get into. On the fence about another aluminum vs CF bike and leaning towards CF. I used to have, briefly, a Calfee Tetra Pro and Moots Vamoots, but sold those years ago and went back to the Klein.

Not looking to build the lightest bike, realizing this is a WW forum, but wouldn't complain about something in the 14-15lb range, given my QP is ~17.5lbs. In any case, I'm not a racer, but do lots of fast club rides in the 30-40mi range, then solo ride on weekends up to 70miles. Throw in a century or two as well. For my type of riding, not sure I really need a race bike, but I'm used to the geometry and seem to migrate towards them vs something more relaxed.

There's a brand new 2014 Addict frameset, 56cm I am looking at for $1100. Addicts seem to have great reviews, but not sure I should settle for a 3-4 year old frame, despite it being new. Will probably go with mechanical shifters, although electronic is alluring, but I don't think the 2014 will accept them.

Anyways, is there anything I should know about this year frame or possible other options to look at? Also on the list is: Dale SS Evo, CAAD12, R5, Fuji SL and Allied Alfa (new company here in the US). thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I don't think you have a bad bike on that list. The alfa is a bit less of a known quantity. I would get the bike that excites you to look at as they all have decent reviews. I have an evo and love it but cannondale paint quality is generally pretty shitty.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

asiantrick

by asiantrick

Stick with the Addict. Trust me!

Gold Knight

by Gold Knight

I had an addict 2007 R1/SL version (black and yellow). Selling it was a bad idea!!! Still looking for a 2007 sl frame replacement.
:smartass: DO NOT RIDE AN AX-LIGHTNESS FORK :smartass:

Gold Knight

by Gold Knight

I found my Addict postings in the intro section of the forum and activated it f you are interested to see what it would look like with top $$$$ bling and very light
:smartass: DO NOT RIDE AN AX-LIGHTNESS FORK :smartass:

TonyM

by TonyM

The Scott addict is definitely a very sure « value ». You never hear something negative about it!

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

I'm somewhat surprised that Scott only offers a 5 yr warranty. Giant and many others offer lifetime. This has me rethinking buying a Scott frame.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ukracer

by ukracer

I'm 6ft 1 and have a 58 addict , are you happy with a 56 sizing?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

If it fits, the Addict. Those are *amazing* bikes (if they fit!)

Mechanical is lighter than electronic anyway. And this is Weight Weenies.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

ukracer wrote:I'm 6ft 1 and have a 58 addict , are you happy with a 56 sizing?
I don't have an Addict, but looking to buy. I thought a 56 would be good for me at 6'1". Maybe too small? What's you inseam? Do the Scott's run small?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com