Aging tan wall tyres?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PLuKE

by PLuKE

Hi chaps!

I have a pair of Vitoria Corsa G+ in tan wall style, how, without mounting and using the tyre can I get the tan wall to go a darker colour, more of a gum colour?

There for a new build, that I should be building up come January, and I had a loan wheelset that had some Challenge Crits in tan wall, they was a lovely gym/golden colour, so looking at achieve the same, if possible with the Victoria’s.

Many thanks
Luke

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I don’t think you can. I too much prefer the golden color of say, a Veloflex or maybe the newish Specialized Turbo Cottons even. The whitish sidewalls of the newer Vittoria just conjure up images of old edsels...
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Ltyarbro42

by Ltyarbro42

They aren't Corsas but the Gravelkings are sold in a dark brown sidewall

Ticlimax

by Ticlimax

My corsas are rather dark.
Just put them through a lot of abuse :).
Dirt with some suntanning gets the job done. Doing that without mounting them seems silly though.

sungod

by sungod

yeah, they'll get dirty after a while, you could accelerate this rubbing in some dirt

or give it a coat of aquaseal with pigment mixed in to give a darker shade, for instance...

https://www.gearaid.com/products/aquaseal-black

JOrange

by JOrange

+1, dirt + sun will get that 'darker' look on the Vittoria's, or maybe just try leaving it out in the sun for a while before mounting?

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I must admit i tried to wotk out how to stain the sidewalls of my corsas darker but they never glued well to my rims so i replaced them with some veloflex which have the colour i wanted and seem to be a better match shape wise with my rims hanfling wise.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PLuKE

by PLuKE

Thanks guys.

They look very pale, I wanted them to look more golden so when everything is built up, and I stand back and look at the finished bike, the tyres have the finish I seek, I don't like to wait, the bike won't get much use over the winter months, unless bone try.

Luke

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com