Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:41 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 am 

waltthizzney wrote:
I would get the new one, tire clearance is a huge issue, I heard its tight even on some 25mm

I am the same height as you as mentioned and want the Ritchey but I feel like the 53mm would be to long with such a short HT

One Steel bike I really like is that planet x one

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FRHOCO/ho ... n-frameset

its cheap, has great tubing, better geo for me in the small. I was thinking of repainting it something stealth if I got it.

It's almost same price as Road Logic, and is different type of geometry. I can see the stack and reach is more on sportive, commuting bike. So again, depend from idea what u want to ride with this bike... Sportive, comfortable chill rides, or to push it as much as ur carbon bike, but without worrying of cracks, scratches of carbon etc...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:55 pm 

Digger90 wrote:
3Pio wrote:

If i compare C60 in 50S size headtube which is 145mm and Road Logic in 53 is 140mm which is not big difference. I guess ill have 5 mm more spacers on Ritchey, which is ok.

I guess ur Road Logic was 53 size? In 55 size headtube length is: 160mm, so i guess if u went that size it will be ok comparing to ur Colnago.

Can u please tell me more about Ritchey way of riding? Sprinting efforts? Climbing? Is it reactiv? How was handling? Sport car handling or more sluggish? If u can compare it with ur C59 i'll be very thankfull.. And i guess u had 53 cm Road Logic?

Yes, my Road Logic was a 53. I chose that size because the effective TT on the 55 was, I felt, too long for me. If Ritchey made a 53cms frame with the HT from the 55cms it would be perfect for me.

Ritchey way of riding...? I just rode it.. lots! :D

Sprinting, climbing etc were all great. You have nothing to worry about with its performance, handling or anything. In comparison to my C59's (I had 2 of those) it was slightly less agile in the steering, but absolutely not sluggish. With carbon everything these days, I think people have all-but-forgotten steel... The Ritchey isn't some 1980's / 1990's, slack, slow-handling, blunderbuss.. it's a modern, sharp, well engineered bike that you can ride very hard, flat out, and it'll put a smile on your face.

It's different to the way a C59 or C60 rides, but that's the point isn't it? I wanted something different - a different look, different feel, different characteristics.. but still a rewarding bike to ride.

PS - no facing required.

Analyzing Road Logic geometry and im a bit counfused trying to determine number of spacers i'll have compared to my bikes i ride now..

Road Logic: Head Tube 140mm

C60: Head Tube mm 145 mm

So based on the head tube Ritchey i'll need 5mm more spacers under the stam

But based on stack:

Road Logic: 549mm

C60: 547 mm

So based on stack on Road Logic i'll need 2 mm less spacers under the stem..

So which number to use to get number of spacers determination?

Head tube Length comparation or Stack Comparation?

Or, better.. To have the same vertical position on Road Logic, will i have more or less spacers compared to C60, and by how many?

Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:55 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:27 am 

You should go by stack, which takes into account the fork length and BB drop. That is probably why the Ritchey has a taller stack despite a shorter head tube, because the fork is longer and/or the BB drop is greater.

My Photoblog

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:48 pm 

3Pio wrote:
waltthizzney wrote:
I would get the new one, tire clearance is a huge issue, I heard its tight even on some 25mm

I am the same height as you as mentioned and want the Ritchey but I feel like the 53mm would be to long with such a short HT

One Steel bike I really like is that planet x one

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FRHOCO/ho ... n-frameset

its cheap, has great tubing, better geo for me in the small. I was thinking of repainting it something stealth if I got it.

It's almost same price as Road Logic, and is different type of geometry. I can see the stack and reach is more on sportive, commuting bike. So again, depend from idea what u want to ride with this bike... Sportive, comfortable chill rides, or to push it as much as ur carbon bike, but without worrying of cracks, scratches of carbon etc...

its not really sportive other than having a large headtube

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:55 pm 

The road logic headset top cap seems to add another centimeter to the stack. You should verify if their quoted stack figures include the headset.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:00 pm 

AJS914 wrote:
The road logic headset top cap seems to add another centimeter to the stack. You should verify if their quoted stack figures include the headset.

I asked exactly that question.. How high is headset cup, and how stack is measured... Waiting for reply, and i'll post it here when i got response about this..Probably this info will help to other interested in this frame...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:13 pm 

Maybe you can email Ritchey?

FWIW, framesets usually don't include any headset parts in stack measurements.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:25 pm 

AJS914 wrote:
Maybe you can email Ritchey?

FWIW, framesets usually don't include any headset parts in stack measurements.

Ussually yes.. But i need to be sure about this, and also to know exact headset cup to know much spacers i'll need.

I e-mailed them allready.. And waiting for the information about this.. So hope to get this answer soon to be able to check if this frame suit me at all in term of geometry or not...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:30 am 

If it's any help, I just recently build up a size 53 Logic as my N+1 coming from a 2015 Specialized Allez Comp (First Bike).
I'm 5'10 w/ inseam 83.9 cm
Saddle to BB = 73.5 cm (172.5 cranks)
Saddle tip to center of the bar is 55.5 cm

Logic is running 120mm Stem w/ Neo Classic Bar (73mm reach)
Allez is running 110mm Stem w/ 3T Ergonova (78mm reach)
Top Tube difference is 545 (logic) vs 548 (allez)

Compared to the Allez:
Smooth is the word I would use to sum up this bike. It's smooth in power delivery (aka not as direct, not a bad thing to me) and also ride quality (noticeably more comfortable). Ride quality is very different and maybe what people describe as steel has springy quality to them. Allez is just a more direct bike overall, with its power delivery and vibration through out the bike.

Final weight w pedals cage and mounts: 7.8 kg (not too shabby considering Dura Ace Skewers and full R9100 Groupo + Alloy bars)
Allez weight: 7.6 kg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:07 am 

I like the ritchey road logic frame, any thoughts on this bike frame with flat handlebars? I prefer flat handlebars but like this frame a lot, haven't seen other people with flat bars.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:49 am 

Quote:

If it's any help, I just recently build up a size 53 Logic as my N+1 coming from a 2015 Specialized Allez Comp (First Bike).
I'm 5'10 w/ inseam 83.9 cm
Saddle to BB = 73.5 cm (172.5 cranks)
Saddle tip to center of the bar is 55.5 cm

Logic is running 120mm Stem w/ Neo Classic Bar (73mm reach)
Allez is running 110mm Stem w/ 3T Ergonova (78mm reach)
Top Tube difference is 545 (logic) vs 548 (allez)

Compared to the Allez:
Smooth is the word I would use to sum up this bike. It's smooth in power delivery (aka not as direct, not a bad thing to me) and also ride quality (noticeably more comfortable). Ride quality is very different and maybe what people describe as steel has springy quality to them. Allez is just a more direct bike overall, with its power delivery and vibration through out the bike.

Final weight w pedals cage and mounts: 7.8 kg (not too shabby considering Dura Ace Skewers and full R9100 Groupo + Alloy bars)
Allez weight: 7.6 kg

SWEET BUILD! :thumbup: :thumbup: ... ps: this is how all should take photo