Campagnolo EPS v1 on a 2017 Wilier Zero7 ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

darkced

by darkced

Hi everyone,

sorry for my poor english, i'm a frenchie :oops:
For some weeks, i've been trying to find a proper way to build my new bike.

I've owned a Wilier Zero.7 since 2012, running a Campy SR EPS v1. In july, a nasty crash ruined the frame, and it can't be repaired.

One month ago, i had an opportunity to buy for a very cheap price a 2017 Wilier Zero.7 frame. Unfortunately, my Campy EPS power unit V1 can't be mounted on this frame : the threaded holes for external batteries under the BB don't exist on this new frame, unlike my old 2012 edition.

I don't have the money to buy a V3 power unit + V3 interface + V3 charger (the cost is around 610€...) and i wonder if anyone has ever find on the Internet another way? for example a custom-build BB plate under the frame to fit the power unit?

i know there are many DIY-solutions on WW, so maybe someone can help me :)

thanks for your replies!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Miller

by Miller

Why not get this. It allows the external v1 battery to be mounted inline with a bottle cage.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-2015-Cam ... 1655050329

darkced

by darkced

Miller wrote:Why not get this. It allows the external v1 battery to be mounted inline with a bottle cage.

This could be good, but i don't see an external hole in the frame near the bottle cage to fit the cables properly.

Plus, my frame is XS :D i'm not sure there is enough space to fit the battery under the bottle cage.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

My first run with EPS was with v1 and I mounted the power unit under the saddle. I do not use a saddle bag so it worked well for me [until v2 came out at least].

2old4this

by 2old4this

darkced wrote:
Miller wrote:Why not get this. It allows the external v1 battery to be mounted inline with a bottle cage.

This could be good, but i don't see an external hole in the frame near the bottle cage to fit the cables properly.

Plus, my frame is XS :D i'm not sure there is enough space to fit the battery under the bottle cage.

You can follow Miller's recommendation and use the battery holder on the seat tube. I doubt you can fit the battery and a 750ml bottle but there is a good chance a 500ml bottle will fit.

With battery on the mount, connect the front derailleur cable directly. You can feed the rear derailleur cable as well as cable connecting to the front interface unit down through the rear derailleur wire opening (the hole is next to the front derailleur on the seat tube.) It is a little tight fit but I just tried on my frame and it worked (incidentally I am rebuilding my 2016 version.)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

darkced

by darkced

2old4this wrote:
darkced wrote:

You can follow Miller's recommendation and use the battery holder on the seat tube. I doubt you can fit the battery and a 750ml bottle but there is a good chance a 500ml bottle will fit.

With battery on the mount, connect the front derailleur cable directly. You can feed the rear derailleur cable as well as cable connecting to the front interface unit down through the rear derailleur wire opening (the hole is next to the front derailleur on the seat tube.) It is a little tight fit but I just tried on my frame and it worked (incidentally I am rebuilding my 2016 version.)

Seems to be OK. I will try this setup ASAP.