Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:34 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:43 am 

Has anyone every replaced the cover plate on a Campagnolo EPS Super Record rear derailleur?

I'm thinking of customizing one but there is a pin that is not easy to get to when putting it back together and I am looking for any tricks.

Thank you

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:43 am 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:21 pm 

rosuch wrote:
Has anyone every replaced the cover plate on a Campagnolo EPS Super Record rear derailleur?
I'm thinking of customizing one but there is a pin that is not easy to get to when putting it back together and I am looking for any tricks.
Thank you

Some items in the Campagnolo EPS parts are only replaceable at a service center. I am aware that Record/Super Record EPS front derailleur cages can only be fixed by them (as per spare parts catalog and phone calls).

For the rear derailleur, I didn't see a spare part number, but definitely that it needs to send back to them as well. See, page 12:
https://www.campagnolo.com/media/files/ ... part_A.pdf

I once saw an Athena rear derailleur sold and painted as a Super Record Derailleur in Colombia. They copied the decals and re-painted the derailleur. You can tell how disappointed the customer was when he found out the truth... :oops: