Front light for Trek Madone 9

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LRB23

by LRB23

Hi Guys,
can anyone recommend a decent/bright/rechargeable front light that can attach to the handle bars of a Trek Madone 9? In an ideal world it would fit on to my 'out in front Garmin mount' preferably on the underside. I've seen a picture online of this particular setup but can't find a retailer.

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MXGimp

by MXGimp

You can mount almost any light to the bars using the mounts that come with the bike. Best fit seems to be the Bontrager Ion light, but I use a Cygolite and have no issues. If you need a picture just let me know.

angrylegs

by angrylegs

LRB23 wrote:Hi Guys,
can anyone recommend a decent/bright/rechargeable front light that can attach to the handle bars of a Trek Madone 9? In an ideal world it would fit on to my 'out in front Garmin mount' preferably on the underside. I've seen a picture online of this particular setup but can't find a retailer.

Thanks

K-Edge makes a Garmin handlebar mount that has a Go-Pro adapter underneath. If you then get the Bontrager Helmet Mount/Strap for their lights, you can take the little piece the Ion 800 attaches to and attach that to the underside of the K-Edge - that little Bontrager part from the helmet mount is compatible with Go Pro mounts. I did this for my training bike and it's great. Alternatively, any out in front Garmin mount that has an underside Go Pro mount could do this if you didn't want the K-Edge one.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I use the Ion 800 RT. It's perfectly integrated to their mount. Can't go wrong with it, really.

markyboy

by markyboy

As above i use the same one fits onto the supplied mount
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

izza

by izza

+1 for Ion 800 RT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Discodan

by Discodan

I use one of these mounts for the garmin and light/camera underneath and it's rock solid

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-sh ... 0.0.Qlj2Qt