Post subject: Re: Group Quandry
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:24 pm 

You’re unboxing while I’m boxing mine due to my next move. Lol

2018 BMC SLR01

Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:24 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:11 pm 

I just built a brand new F10 with 9150 Di2 and Bora Ultra 35s. It’s the best of the best of the best. I don’t subscribe to the whole needs to be Campy on an Italian frame thing though. I have Italian shoes, Italian frameset, Italian dogs, Italian helmet etc., but Di2 is too good to give up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:00 am 

MalibuCANE wrote:
I just built a brand new F10 with 9150 Di2 and Bora Ultra 35s. It’s the best of the best of the best. I don’t subscribe to the whole needs to be Campy on an Italian frame thing though. I have Italian shoes, Italian frameset, Italian dogs, Italian helmet etc., but Di2 is too good to give up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I appreciate this tend to agree. I did face some challenges with the 9150 Di2 today that has given me pause.

While on an aggressive group ride we did a route today that included an extended series of very sharp hairpin curves on very rough and undulating pavement with lots of clumps of pine needles, during a climb to a longer steep section. Being a sprinter I had to turn myself inside out to keep in contact and I was really well beyond my limit. During all this I was having difficulty remembering which shifter was what and also, I had difficulty feeling for the downshift (right) lever while in the drops. These issues not present when even minimally oxygenated.

Even though I've been on Di2 for a month now I've never encountered this type of technical terrain at a near impossible pace. I'm really glad I experienced this situation today, as this morning I had decided to go with Di2. Now the plan is to practice this type of riding and see if I can get it or go with Campy, which solves this issue.

Also want to experiment with satellite shifters. This was a real eye opener today, with my month long first try with Di2. I have access to Dura Ace 9150 Di2 for a lot less than Campy EPS, and this is why I'm going to spend a little more time with it.