Group Quandry

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PinaF8

by PinaF8

You’re unboxing while I’m boxing mine due to my next move. Lol
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

MalibuCANE

by MalibuCANE

I just built a brand new F10 with 9150 Di2 and Bora Ultra 35s. It’s the best of the best of the best. I don’t subscribe to the whole needs to be Campy on an Italian frame thing though. I have Italian shoes, Italian frameset, Italian dogs, Italian helmet etc., but Di2 is too good to give up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

MalibuCANE wrote:I just built a brand new F10 with 9150 Di2 and Bora Ultra 35s. It’s the best of the best of the best. I don’t subscribe to the whole needs to be Campy on an Italian frame thing though. I have Italian shoes, Italian frameset, Italian dogs, Italian helmet etc., but Di2 is too good to give up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I appreciate this tend to agree. I did face some challenges with the 9150 Di2 today that has given me pause.

While on an aggressive group ride we did a route today that included an extended series of very sharp hairpin curves on very rough and undulating pavement with lots of clumps of pine needles, during a climb to a longer steep section. Being a sprinter I had to turn myself inside out to keep in contact and I was really well beyond my limit. During all this I was having difficulty remembering which shifter was what and also, I had difficulty feeling for the downshift (right) lever while in the drops. These issues not present when even minimally oxygenated.

Even though I've been on Di2 for a month now I've never encountered this type of technical terrain at a near impossible pace. I'm really glad I experienced this situation today, as this morning I had decided to go with Di2. Now the plan is to practice this type of riding and see if I can get it or go with Campy, which solves this issue.

Also want to experiment with satellite shifters. This was a real eye opener today, with my month long first try with Di2. I have access to Dura Ace 9150 Di2 for a lot less than Campy EPS, and this is why I'm going to spend a little more time with it.