Sidi speedplay only white? Sidi 2018?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tommo

by Tommo

I’m looking to invest in a set new shoes and after agonising Long and hard have decided to go for the Sidis. The trouble is I can only find the Wire SP carbon in ‘bianco’? Am I missing something?.. surely there are other colour ways available?
Last edited by Tommo on Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tommo

by Tommo

Furthermore... does anyone know if Sidi have plans to release any other Speedplay specific models for 2018?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Delorre

by Delorre

Tommo wrote:I’m looking to invest in a set new shoes and after agonising Long and hard have decided to go for the Sidis. The trouble is I can only find the Wire SP carbon in ‘bianco’? Am I missing something?.. surely there are other colour ways available?

No Idea, but I also looked at Sidi back in time when I was in the market for a SP specific shoe. Turned out the sidi SP sole stack was so high, it was almost not lower than a regular shoe + adaptor. In the end, I went with Northwave, and very pleased with it!

Tommo

by Tommo

I like the look of the RR’s are they SP specific? Any issues with the in-house BOA system? They’re quiet roomy in volume too I heard?

Delorre

by Delorre

Tommo wrote:I like the look of the RR’s are they SP specific? Any issues with the in-house BOA system? They’re quiet roomy in volume too I heard?

They are not SP specific, but, Northwave has a special sole part that allows you to mount the SP cleat flush with the sole, and stack is very, very low, as the sole itsels is thin. I tried the RR's, but the back of my foot was not held in place tight enough, so I bought a pair of regular Extremes, just like my old pair. They are a little wider as sidi, but not by a lot!

BikeKingV1r

by BikeKingV1r

Just white. Demand has not been high enough to get more color options I belive. Classic white is also one of the best sold colors for them too. Still a fantastic shoe and so much better engagement than using adapters - butter smooth and no binding. Also this might seem strange but cleat setup seems way easier to get that sweet spot than sams show with adapter. Hope that helps

cwdzoot
Shop Owner

by cwdzoot

Vittoria has a new shoe and it's got a speedplay sole caller Vellar
Instagram - stylish square bike pics
Flickr - over 20 million views for good reason
Facebook - friends get the good info & coupons first

avispa

by avispa

Tommo wrote:I’m looking to invest in a set new shoes and after agonising Long and hard have decided to go for the Sidis. The trouble is I can only find the Wire SP carbon in ‘bianco’? Am I missing something?.. surely there are other colour ways available?

Sidi only produced different colors of the SP shoe the year it was introduced (2015?). I spoke to the Sidi Rep and they said, no other colors will be available in the future. Sidi's best selling color is unfortunately white.

..A..

probertsqbe

by probertsqbe

You get more colour options with Sidi if you consider the non Speedplay sole route with their adapter. Some nicer colours available on the Sidi Shot 2018 from LordBikeGun who are an Italian on-line retailer. Link https://www.lordgunbicycles.co.uk/sidi-shot-matte-line-shoes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sp3000

by sp3000

White only as others have said. The setup is much better than on non-SP specific shoes, you also get a larger range of position.

reknop

by reknop

sp3000 wrote:White only as others have said. The setup is much better than on non-SP specific shoes, you also get a larger range of position.

I think that Sidi Wire SP, Gearne Stilo+, Gearne Chrono+ are the main brands with SP specific soles. Vittoria and Lake have some models as well.
And while I'm thinking to try the Gearne's I'm super happy with my Sidi Wire SP when it comes to fit, comfort and the ability to adjust the heel-cup.

With Sidi white will become a little yellowish at some point. :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

avispa

by avispa

reknop wrote:With Sidi white will become a little yellowish at some point. :)
Yes, one reason I do not understand why Sidi keeps using the white fabric in the ankle area! This year they did a run of shoes for the Astana Team and they all had the black fabric in the ankle. Too bad these are not available to the public. All the shoes they have with the black fabric have a lot of black on them.
Attachments
441_1843_news_gallery_pop_astana_bettiniphoto_0275696_1_originali.jpg
FABIO.jpg

krogec

by krogec

I like Sidis I even wear them, but that fire design is so old bad and ugly. I'ts like when every one was into Fast And Furious.

Hey WW, my first post!

Hexsense

by Hexsense

cwdzoot wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:40 am
Any Update on Vittoria shoe?
what is their width compare to Sidi and Northwave?

reknop

by reknop

Hexsense wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:47 pm
cwdzoot wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:40 am
Any Update on Vittoria shoe?
what is their width compare to Sidi and Northwave?
http://www.vittoria-shoes.com/prodotto.php?id=16

At least Vittoria earned an award with these shoes. :) However I stick with the Sidi Wire SP shoes ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com