Help with 2018 Specialized S-Works Roubaix build

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Vandit

by Vandit

Currently on a 2014 S-Works Roubaix and looking to upgrade to a 2018 Model S-Works Roubaix. Was going to do a Sagan Suoerstar colored frame, so have to build up from that. Wish I could do a Tarmac, but the reach and stack aren’t obtainable for what I need vs the Roubaix and will not cause more neck issues. So, anyway, I prob wanted to go eTap over Di2, and was going to do the disc brakes, but not a deal breaker. Do you guys have any suggestions for parts, or should I just mirror the stock eTap Roubaix’s parts that specialized builds out for their bikes they sell?

unlucky

by unlucky

I would love to know the weight of the 2018 sworks roubaix with discs(don't all roubaix now come with disc?).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jever98

by jever98

@Vandit: I have also been looking at Etap vs di2 - leaning towards di2, because of the smaller hoods, hood-top buttons, syncro shift option, single battery.

Re parts - I guess it all depends what you price limit is and how light you want to go :-)
----
No longer in the industry

JamesHigh

by JamesHigh

unlucky wrote:I would love to know the weight of the 2018 sworks roubaix with discs(don't all roubaix now come with disc?).

I have the 2017 S-works Roubaix E-Tap

Love it...

Weight on normal scale weight for person 7.9 kg.
With Swat box and 1 rib cage

JamesHigh

by JamesHigh

Vandit wrote:Currently on a 2014 S-Works Roubaix and looking to upgrade to a 2018 Model S-Works Roubaix. Was going to do a Sagan Suoerstar colored frame, so have to build up from that. Wish I could do a Tarmac, but the reach and stack aren’t obtainable for what I need vs the Roubaix and will not cause more neck issues. So, anyway, I prob wanted to go eTap over Di2, and was going to do the disc brakes, but not a deal breaker. Do you guys have any suggestions for parts, or should I just mirror the stock eTap Roubaix’s parts that specialized builds out for their bikes they sell?

I bought the Stock one in Denmark. Which Carbon and Rocket red.

But do love the one which ARE sold in the US in Black and White
That bike is Beautiful

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Vandit

by Vandit

Thx guys. Actually ended up ordering a custom S-works Tarmac in Sagan Superstar color. Did a Zipp aero sl-70 bar, Zipp stem, Etap, quark Power cranks, ee brakes, and Zipp 454 wheels.