Specialized Allez 2018

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

itguy

by itguy

Anyone got the new spez Allez for a review? Image

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

I have a test ride . I it steaf as a TT bike . The perfect choice for fast lap race.

in watt mode
πατα τραβα ρε

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

morganb

by morganb

The geo kind of kills this bike for me. It makes sense for an entry level rider, but they turned it into an endurance geo bike when its always been their entry level racer.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

^agreed. Should have kept their Secteur as their entry level endurance bike and had the allez as their entry level race bike. Guess entry level race bikes don't sell these days.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

itguy

by itguy

Looks like endurance bike? But it rides like a race bike, no?

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

itguy wrote:Looks like endurance bike? But it rides like a race bike, no?
Yes that's right .

in watt mode
πατα τραβα ρε

aplcr0331

by aplcr0331

Just took a little ride on mine. Wanted the Teal but those are sold out.

Settled for Yellow and Orange striped one.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

New Allez is definitely entry level for new roadies. Frameset is not for sale. This was inevitable when Specialized made a splash with new Sprint model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

itguy

by itguy

aplcr0331 wrote:Just took a little ride on mine. Wanted the Teal but those are sold out.

Not the sprint... the "normal" allez :P

pyrahna

by pyrahna

itguy wrote:
aplcr0331 wrote:Just took a little ride on mine. Wanted the Teal but those are sold out.

For the record the naming convention they have chosen for these two very different bikes is confusing to say the least. I love my Allez Sprints.....but I feel the need to explain that they are the 'Sprint' model not the normal Allez and that the 2 are very different.

Maybe it's my own insecurity...possible...but still 2 very different bikes!

itguy

by itguy

pyrahna wrote:
itguy wrote:

For the record the naming convention they have chosen for these two very different bikes is confusing to say the least. I love my Allez Sprints.....but I feel the need to explain that they are the 'Sprint' model not the normal Allez and that the 2 are very different.

Any reviews on your bike thus far? How's it feel?

pyrahna

by pyrahna

itguy wrote:
pyrahna wrote:
itguy wrote:

I love my original sprint (1x only Black + Blue model) so much so that I bought a 2nd (Red Hook Edition) to take to the mountains.

Super responsive frame with a stiff bottom bracket and aggressive geometry. Beats me up less than my last aluminum bike up as well. And for the money I have no complaints at all. But that is the 'Sprint' model that there are a fair amount of reviews on. I haven't even seen a new regular Allez in the wild yet.

itguy

by itguy

pyrahna wrote:
itguy wrote:
pyrahna wrote:
itguy wrote:

I love my original sprint (1x only Black + Blue model) so much so that I bought a 2nd (Red Hook Edition) to take to the mountains.

Super responsive frame with a stiff bottom bracket and aggressive geometry. Beats me up less than my last aluminum bike up as well. And for the money I have no complaints at all. But that is the 'Sprint' model that there are a fair amount of reviews on. I haven't even seen a new regular Allez in the wild yet.

Thanks for the reviews! Yes, been looking around for a review of the new geo Allez but yet to see one that's solid...

kordis1

by kordis1

If somenoe already has the new 2018 renewed Specialized Allez model, post the frame/fork/headset weight with size please.

svarga

by svarga

New Allez 2018 here. Not the "Sprint" model.
Althought visually close to the new Tarmac, the geometry is actually pretty endurance/entry.
It feels great during endurance rides at steady, light to moderate pace. But it lacks a little when you want to go fast on flat terrain. Frame is very solid (65 kg rider...) when riding standing and sprinting. Not went to long climbs yet, but looks likes it's a good bike for steady climbing and eventual standing accelerations uphill.
Since it's not a race bike, it curves slowly and it was a little scary at my first fast group on a tight circuit. You kinda have to fight to lean before hitting apex. I don't know why - maybe the lower bottom bracket or steerer angles. I'm also using a 130 mm stem.
I race a lot on crits and road, so it's going to be a real challenge and maybe a long learning curve to get used. Since I can't have a lower front position (due to a hip injury - FAI issues - I can't use a race geometry), this frame gaves me a perfect and pain-free position without a huge stack of spacers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com