Vittoria Corsa Elite tubular tire

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
themidge

by themidge

Does anyone know of a similar tub (price, weight, puncture resistance) to the conti sprinter that comes in gum wall flavour? They seem great except I really don't like all-black tyres. Cheers
:hello:
Cannondale Supersix 2008 (weight: tbc)
B'twin Triban 540 (weight: :oops: )
Vitus "Benotto" 979 (weight: :? )

Wookski

by Wookski

themidge wrote:Does anyone know of a similar tub (price, weight, puncture resistance) to the conti sprinter that comes in gum wall flavour? They seem great except I really don't like all-black tyres. Cheers

Veloflex Roubaix- gumwall, handmade, latex tube, much better feeling and very durable. My "everyday" tyres are Roubaix/ Arenberg depending on whether I want black or gum. Not continental but I prefer not to ride garden hose :wink:

by Weenie

3Pio

by 3Pio

Wookski wrote:
themidge wrote:Does anyone know of a similar tub (price, weight, puncture resistance) to the conti sprinter that comes in gum wall flavour? They seem great except I really don't like all-black tyres. Cheers

Veloflex Roubaix- gumwall, handmade, latex tube, much better feeling and very durable. My "everyday" tyres are Roubaix/ Arenberg depending on whether I want black or gum. Not continental but I prefer not to ride garden hose :wink:

And almost twice more then Conti Sprinter, and amost same price as Corsa G+ :) (also in gumwall)...

sungod

by sungod

for cheap gumwall, look at the conti giro, from the weight it's got plenty of rubber, that might make it tougher than the sprinter

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

kgt wrote:I am a fan of the Continental Sprinters as well. Not the most sublime tire but when considering its ride quality*puncture resistance it comes at the very top. They come cheap too (36-44 euros).
Yeah, Sprinters are my go to rain tires too. Grip is very confidence inspiring and apart from a few small cuts, zero punctures over several months of rain rides.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

themidge

by themidge

sungod wrote:for cheap gumwall, look at the conti giro, from the weight it's got plenty of rubber, that might make it tougher than the sprinter

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've actually got conti giros on my Vitus 979 and they feel pretty good, about the same as the veloflex masters (25c) on my other bike but I haven't ridden any other tubs to compare them with. They only come in 22c though, which is OK for cruising around and hill reps, but for normal, longer rides I kinda want something wider.
Cannondale Supersix 2008 (weight: tbc)
B'twin Triban 540 (weight: :oops: )
Vitus "Benotto" 979 (weight: :? )

LouisN

by LouisN

A few of these left, not too expensive:
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TBVICOEVS ... bular-tyre

Louis :)

themidge

by themidge