Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:54 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:51 pm
Posts: 27
How does saddle height affect agility? a lower saddle means more agility or is it exactly the opposite?


With these measures, saddle height should have (roughly)
h 176cm
inseam 82.8cm
foot 45 (eu) 28.7cm

Saddle height
73cm, 73.5cm or 74cm or ?

Tanks


Top
   
Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:31 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 3341
Agility like cornering? Then yeah, a lower saddle means more agility. But you 100% should not set your saddle height based on that.

Further, no-one can tell you what your saddle height should be to that degree of accuracy based only on an inseam measurement. You can get to a cm or so ballpark from it but beyond that it's about shoes, pedals, cleat position, and most importantly you in motion.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:16 am
Posts: 31
Define agility.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:51 pm
Posts: 27
Matt28NJ wrote:
Define agility.

make a bike ride with a rpm range between 80 and 90, now with 73 cm saddle height it seems to be too low and uphill I struggle to get agility


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 3341
What made you set it at 73cm to begin with? If you think it's too low, try it higher or get someone to look at it.

If it feels too low, it's probably too low, especially if you're getting a concentrated burn on the quads. But no-one can accurately tell you how high it should be without seeing it.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:51 pm
Posts: 27
wingguy wrote:
What made you set it at 73cm to begin with? If you think it's too low, try it higher or get someone to look at it.

If it feels too low, it's probably too low, especially if you're getting a concentrated burn on the quads. But no-one can accurately tell you how high it should be without seeing it.
The 73 cm saddle height was set during a biomechanical visit but another visit made me saddle at 74.2 so I'm undecided. The length of the feet is higher than average so I would think I would be closer to 74 cm rather than to 73

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4 utilizzando Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm
Posts: 517
Saddle height has nothing to do with “agility.” Something may be lost in translation. Higher saddles tend to also be pushed forward a bit. Your quads will be worked more. A lower saddle will work your glutes more. A lot of people overwork their quads and suffer from muscle fatigue that is mistaken for knee pain, so I always prefer people ride with too low of a saddle than too high.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 3341
dedobike wrote:
The 73 cm saddle height was set during a biomechanical visit but another visit made me saddle at 74.2 so I'm undecided. The length of the feet is higher than average so I would think I would be closer to 74 cm rather than to 73

Which one is better to ride?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 794
dedobike wrote:
wingguy wrote:
What made you set it at 73cm to begin with? If you think it's too low, try it higher or get someone to look at it.

If it feels too low, it's probably too low, especially if you're getting a concentrated burn on the quads. But no-one can accurately tell you how high it should be without seeing it.
The 73 cm saddle height was set during a biomechanical visit but another visit made me saddle at 74.2 so I'm undecided. The length of the feet is higher than average so I would think I would be closer to 74 cm rather than to 73

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4 utilizzando Tapatalk


Im 175cm, 82-82.5 insea, 43 foot (27.5-28.0) and my saddle is set on 72.7 cm with 52mm setback if this help u.

Im sure 73 cm and 74.2 setting was adjusted with different setback. Try both settings for a while, including longer rides, so u;ll realize which one feel better..


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm
Posts: 517
I'm 178cm with a 81.8cm inseam and my saddle height is 71.7cm with 8.9cm of setback.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:09 pm
Posts: 1110
Location: Loveland, CO
I'm 170cm tall, 80cm inseam, 70cm saddle height and 5.5cm setback.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 3341
TobinHatesYou wrote:
I'm 178cm with a 81.8cm inseam and my saddle height is 71.7cm with 8.9cm of setback.

That's fairly unusual. Very difficult to achieve on most bikes (assuming a relatively normal length saddle), to be honest!


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm
Posts: 517
wingguy wrote:
TobinHatesYou wrote:
I'm 178cm with a 81.8cm inseam and my saddle height is 71.7cm with 8.9cm of setback.

That's fairly unusual. Very difficult to achieve on most bikes (assuming a relatively normal length saddle), to be honest!


Saddle's an S-Works Romin Evo, so it's 26cm. I think most saddles are around 27.5cm or so?


Last edited by TobinHatesYou on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:51 pm
Posts: 27
TobinHatesYou wrote:
wingguy wrote:
TobinHatesYou wrote:
I'm 178cm with a 81.8cm inseam and my saddle height is 71.7cm with 8.9cm of setback.

That's fairly unusual. Very difficult to achieve on most bikes (assuming a relatively normal length saddle), to be honest!


Saddle's and S-Works Romin Evo, so it's 26cm. I think most saddles are around 27.5cm or so?




In order to compare saddle backwardness as a reference point, it is not necessary to take the tip of the saddle (each saddle has a different length) but its anatomical center is located where the saddle surface is wide 7.2cm. Qunindi saddle saddle by convention is the distance between the center movement (c / c) and the anatomical saddle center


Top
   
Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:11 am 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:13 pm
Posts: 794
TobinHatesYou wrote:
wingguy wrote:
TobinHatesYou wrote:
I'm 178cm with a 81.8cm inseam and my saddle height is 71.7cm with 8.9cm of setback.

That's fairly unusual. Very difficult to achieve on most bikes (assuming a relatively normal length saddle), to be honest!


Saddle's and S-Works Romin Evo, so it's 26cm. I think most saddles are around 27.5cm or so?


I have also Romin Evo Pro but old model (2014) (on the other bike which i dont ride it at all since i bought C60, but this season will be my Winter Bike, so today probably i'll check the position i need there). It's 27 cm long.

And also look to me like too much setback in ur position. But maybe ur femurs are very long, or it's compatibile with ur anatomy. Saddle setback/height is not always the same for everyone having same inseam.

Before i done Rettul fitting, i was using lower saddle position with more setback. After Rettul fitter put me with less setback and saddle higher.. Much more comofortable, much more power on climbs and sprints, and much more effective...But again.. It's personal thing..


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. BMC ICS stem stack height

in Road

muti

0

57

Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:24 am

muti View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Colnago EPS Head set height query

in Road

Cossington

1

353

Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:39 pm

Cossington View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. New shoes... reduced stack height

in Road

girona

4

722

Thu May 25, 2017 12:25 pm

kkibbler View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 30mm Axle / BB Spacer with < 0.5mm height?

in Road

jbattermann

4

288

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:36 am

sungod View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Bike size help 5'10'' height 33.5''inseam

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

antonio07

24

1358

Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:15 pm

wheelsONfire View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], russianbear and 40 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited