Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:21 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 9170 funnel adapter
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:39 am
Posts: 804
Location: Winnipeg Canada
I have a set of Dura Ace 9170 shifters (only the shifters) arriving shortly for my CX bike as I am using 785 post mount brakes..
Does anyone know if those individual levers come with the funnel adapters?? I can't see anywhere that says yes or no.. I can't find the adapter anywhere in North America.. looks like without the adapter you can't bleed the brakes...

Thanks in advance...


Last edited by ParisCarbon on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 Post subject: 9170 funnel adapter
Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:14 pm 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: 9170 funnel adapter
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:39 pm
Posts: 1061
if you only get the shifters and not the kit, it does not come with the funnel. you'll have to buy the funnel and the bleed kit separately. the kit has hoses and the funnel with mineral oil.

_________________
- AX Lightness Vial EVO D + DA9070 + Enve SES 3.4 carbon hubs
- Parlee Altum + DA9150 + Enve SES 4.5 carbon hubs
- Parlee ESX + DA9070 + THM SRM PM + Enve SES 6.7 CK hubs
- Independent Fabrication Ti FLW + Campy SR11 + Enve 3.4 CK hubs


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 9170 funnel adapter
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:32 am
Posts: 170
kode54 wrote:
if you only get the shifters and not the kit, it does not come with the funnel. you'll have to buy the funnel and the bleed kit separately. the kit has hoses and the funnel with mineral oil.


This is not true, I got the two separate levers and one of them (if I remember the right one) comes with the adapter.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 9170 funnel adapter
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:39 pm
Posts: 1061
lovemyway wrote:
kode54 wrote:
if you only get the shifters and not the kit, it does not come with the funnel. you'll have to buy the funnel and the bleed kit separately. the kit has hoses and the funnel with mineral oil.


This is not true, I got the two separate levers and one of them (if I remember the right one) comes with the adapter.


if its the retail box version...its possible. if OEM in polybag...no.

_________________
- AX Lightness Vial EVO D + DA9070 + Enve SES 3.4 carbon hubs
- Parlee Altum + DA9150 + Enve SES 4.5 carbon hubs
- Parlee ESX + DA9070 + THM SRM PM + Enve SES 6.7 CK hubs
- Independent Fabrication Ti FLW + Campy SR11 + Enve 3.4 CK hubs


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 9170 funnel adapter
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:53 am
Posts: 149
Location: Scotland or London
Image

^ this is the part number etc, if that helps your search


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 9170 funnel adapter
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:39 am
Posts: 804
Location: Winnipeg Canada
I got the levers from ProBikekit.. so not sure what version will come...
I ended up ordering the funnel adapter from Germany...its the only place I could find it.. by the time it gets to Canada my CX season will be over... I did ask them if I could pay more for shipping to get it DHL 2 day.. for something that small I can't imagine it being more than $20

Im assuming the adapter is not included..

Im tempted to buy 2 funnels and try and frankenstein the 2 together somehow to make this work.. I figure If I can cut the bottom of one off and get some kind of tubing over it, and then link it to the other funnel... thinking about using fuel line tubing like I use in my RC airplanes.. its flexible enough to slide over but won't leak...

Disappointing a required piece isn't included and I have to order it from the other side of the world...


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 9170 funnel adapter
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:23 pm
Posts: 43
I freaked out when I got my 9170 levers (retail, USA) and I couldn't find them in the first box I opened. Later I found the adapter in the RIGHT (rear) box. So you are only screwed if you buy the front only.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 9170 funnel adapter
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:39 am
Posts: 804
Location: Winnipeg Canada
Thats good to know... I ordered from PBK... am a little concerned now whether I am gonna get a retail box or just a lever wrapped in plastic.. I'd assume everything would be there.. and I have a L and R coming... fingers crossed!!!!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 9170 funnel adapter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:39 am
Posts: 804
Location: Winnipeg Canada
Just a follow up as my parts arrived today.. the RIGHT lever did include the funnel adapter.... I think someone earlier said the same..

Weird.. so I have a funnel coming now from Germany as a spare... :noidea:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 9170 funnel adapter
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:17 pm
Posts: 226
Location: UT/TX/PA, USA
FWIW...9170 levers seem to also require a different Flange Connecting Bolt. Parts #3 and #4 in the below linked PDF. I can't find them right now. Sucks in that I have the levers but not the connecting hardware.

http://si.shimano.com/pdfs/ev/EV-ST-R9170-4079.pdf


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 9170 funnel adapter
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:24 pm
Posts: 2216
Location: Houston, Texas
justaute wrote:
Sucks in that I have the levers but not the connecting hardware.

The Joint Support Ring (Parts 3) should be attached to the shifter, whereas the flange is supplied with the SM-BH90-JK-SSR Disc Brake Hose Kit, not the levers.

_________________
Michael - The Anaerobic Threshold is neither...


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 9170 funnel adapter
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:17 pm
Posts: 226
Location: UT/TX/PA, USA
ms6073 wrote:
justaute wrote:
Sucks in that I have the levers but not the connecting hardware.

The Joint Support Ring (Parts 3) should be attached to the shifter, whereas the flange is supplied with the SM-BH90-JK-SSR Disc Brake Hose Kit, not the levers.


Thanks. I'll look into it. I'm ware of the BH90 kit, but didn't know there's a specific kit for 9170. Will tell my shop. That said, it seems as though nobody has this kit in stock.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 9170 funnel adapter
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:23 pm
Posts: 43
justaute wrote:
ms6073 wrote:
justaute wrote:
Sucks in that I have the levers but not the connecting hardware.

The Joint Support Ring (Parts 3) should be attached to the shifter, whereas the flange is supplied with the SM-BH90-JK-SSR Disc Brake Hose Kit, not the levers.


Thanks. I'll look into it. I'm ware of the BH90 kit, but didn't know there's a specific kit for 9170. Will tell my shop. That said, it seems as though nobody has this kit in stock.


Universal cycles:
https://www.universalcycles.com/shoppin ... p?id=41870


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 9170 funnel adapter
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:17 pm
Posts: 226
Location: UT/TX/PA, USA
dmcgoy wrote:
justaute wrote:
ms6073 wrote:
justaute wrote:
Sucks in that I have the levers but not the connecting hardware.

The Joint Support Ring (Parts 3) should be attached to the shifter, whereas the flange is supplied with the SM-BH90-JK-SSR Disc Brake Hose Kit, not the levers.


Thanks. I'll look into it. I'm ware of the BH90 kit, but didn't know there's a specific kit for 9170. Will tell my shop. That said, it seems as though nobody has this kit in stock.


Universal cycles:
https://www.universalcycles.com/shoppin ... p?id=41870


Thanks. Found it after some looking. I wish Shimano would just sell that Flange Connecting Bolt. The BH90 hose kits are already widely available. I guess it just wants us consumers to spend more money.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 9170 funnel adapter
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:54 am 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. 9170 shifters compatibility

in Road

hannawald

2

244

Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:22 am

hannawald View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Dura-Ace 9170 Release

in Road

modularwave

4

883

Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:14 am

TonyM View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Rs785 calipers with 9170 levers?

in Road

PaulH

13

1045

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:24 pm

Hamfist View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Dura Ace Di2 9170 and Ultegra Di2 8070 mix?

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

TonyM

15

1164

Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:55 pm

MoreRideTime View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. DA 9170 + cross-chain in big ring : grinding noise??

in Road

Delorre

9

375

Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:39 pm

Delorre View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandrumarian, AZR3, Bing [Bot], calleking, holgerscheller, PinaF8 and 41 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited