I have a headache
First of all, these are all first world problems, I know - and I am very grateful to be in the position I am in to afford all these bikes and enjoy them... so please bear with me...
I have the following bikes atm:
- Giant Propel 2014 on Dura Ace
- Cannondale Supersix Evo HiMod 2016 on Ultegra (after advice from forum members)
- Specalized Crux 2014 on Ultegra
I need (separately, not combined):
- a climbing bike
- an aero bike
- a race bike - don't race what you can't replace
- a wet weather (minority) and winter bike
- a bike to ride on rollers indoors during winter (any bike that is not in use outdoors during the winter will do)
(race and winter bike may be combined)
The Crux is for sale now, as I don't like the geo, it's too big for me, and I am not a fan of discs, don't ride gravel, etc etc.
I bought the SuperSix 2 months back in a sale. I am/was planning to make it my "nice day outside summer climber's bike".
The Propel, as mentioned elsewhere, was my first road bike - "getting to know things". That took some toll on the frame (scrapes from too wide tires, dings, scratches etc.). I wanted it to be my dedicated Aero bike with deep wheels, but since the geo is not right for me (compared to the Supersix...) I would rather use it as my race bike and winter bike... Given the tire clearance, the latter is not going to work (mudguards etc.), the former will, but then again, Dura is not worth wrecking...
So I think, great: I will take the Dura off the Propel and move it to the Cannondale... take the Ultegra off the Dale and move it to the Propel...
But that still doesn't sort out the winter bike dilemma... I could theoretically ride the Supersix through this winter (isn't the highmod too nice of a frame though?) and do the Dura/Ultegra swap come spring, which would mean I have:
- Propel on Ultegra as my wet weather / race bike
- Supersix on Dura Ace as my climber's bike
But come next winter, what will I do? I will be in a similar situation to now, which means I will have to get another bike (cannot ride the Propel through winter because of clearance and the SuperSix because Dura ace)... maybe its just better to get the other bike now?
And if I am to get a winter bike, what do I get?
- CAAD12 105 - for 1200ish EUR
- SuperSix Ultegra - for 1900ish EUR
- a frameset - can get a 750ish gram frameset for 1350 EUR or 900ish gram for 1000 EUR
If I do get a frameset, I can still do the move the Dura to the Dale and the Ultegra to the "winter" bike, which leaves me with a Propel frameset... It's a question if anyone will buy the Propel frameset given the scratches...
What do I do? What do I do?