Colnago C60 build sugesstions...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

I ve gotten a C60 frame in a dark grey, and am looking to build it up as Italian as possible. Would love some input on parts. Have decided on Super record mechamical, but unsure about seatpost, cockpit and wheels! Wheels are suppose to be more Aero, then lightweight!
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fa63

by fa63

Cockpit - Deda Superleggero
Wheels - Campy Bora 35 or 50

r4nd0mv4r14bl3

by r4nd0mv4r14bl3

Out of interest, if this is a new frame, is the metal sleeve that holds threadfit cups in the bottom bracket made of one piece or not?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

TonyM

by TonyM

Deda superleggero stem/ Deda Superleggera handlebar/ Deda seatpost/ Deda handlebar tape black
Campa Bora 35 Ultra or 50 Ultra

Seedster

by Seedster

I would also recommend a full Deda cockpit and a selle italia saddle. For the wheelset i would go Bora 50 or custom WR Compositi rims with Extralite or Carbon Ti hubs.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Here is a very good reason not to buy Deda: they dont make bars narrower than 42cm (which I find really disappointing). 38-40cm bars for the Win! So if you're absolutely set on getting something Italian, go for 3T.

Personally I think building it with Bora's is a bit boring - everyone does it. Nevertheless Bora's are pretty good wheels, so you want be that disappointed with their performance. Why not try something a bit more exotic (and apparently very good): Schmolke TLO 45 clinchers with tune hubs - only 1160g and about the same price as Bora's if perhaps a couple hundred euro cheaper.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

AJS914

by AJS914

but unsure about seatpost

Doesn't the C60 come with a seatpost?

zappafile123

by zappafile123

AJS914 wrote:
but unsure about seatpost

Doesn't the C60 come with a seatpost?

It doesnt come standard with one. You have to buy them separately.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

Andrewjn

by Andrewjn

I have an Italian bike ( Ciocc Devilry) and have ridden Campy all of my riding life so it is a no brainer for me to continue so due to a cupboard of spares I have built up amongst other things. I am using Deda thru the cockpit and fizik antares chameleon. I have a set of Enve 1.45's which I love but for the longer rides where I fear punctures I have recently purchased s a set of Fulcrum Racing Zero Ones. Prior to that I had a set of Campy Eurus which I found a little harsh and moved on to fund the Fulcrums. The Racing Zeros are a dream ( especially with 25mm tyres) and a nice point of difference to the Bora style wheel which others have suggested

Wookski

by Wookski

WR Compositi bars/ stem/ post and bora ultras. No point in wasting money on "wiggle level" finishing kit on such a nice frame ;)

Boshk

by Boshk

The seat post matches right....and since money isn't really the issue here, why not grab the seat post too.

Everyone has Bora wheels, is there anything else that'll have the italian feel to it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com