BBInfinite

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

109er

by 109er

Anyone use these? I understand a lot of folks with fitment issues refer to these because they might take up a bit of space. I do not have that issue, I was more or less curious if anyone has been using them for a long while and what they thought of it. Hawk Racing is my current go-to but these seem like a little better option.
green jacket, gold jacket...who gives a sh*t

rmerka

by rmerka

I've had the BBInfinite BB in my two Cervelos for a while now. For the most part they have been great. Easy spinning and the bearings have lasted. On my S3 all is still good. Recently though on my R5 after. trip out to CA I noticed that the whole BB had inched out. I thought that maybe it had got knocked around in the bike box so I took it out and re-installed with fresh loctite. After a month it worked itself out again...so now I have mixed feelings about it. I'm going to replace it with the Wheels Mfg PF30 one that screws together.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

newforker

by newforker

Woah! that is not good.....did the crank/spider rub on the drive side?

Did the chain fall off the big ring?..R5's were infamous for out spec/round bb shells..might not be a bb issue to be honest...

Pottsy

by Pottsy

I've had one in my Crux & Venge for ages & have never had an issue.

I recently got a new Crux frame & when I stripped it down it would still spin effortlessly. The Crux is my commuting bike & it has been ridden through some nasty rain storms.
I hadn't done a bearing service on it since it was installed.

Sadly I couldn't move it across to the new frame, as that is a BB30 one.

The one on my Venge is still going strong.

Definitely recommend them. Even put one in a customers McLaren Venge as he was having bottom bracket issues & that has stopped all his problems.

rmerka

by rmerka

newforker wrote:Woah! that is not good.....did the crank/spider rub on the drive side?

Did the chain fall off the big ring?..R5's were infamous for out spec/round bb shells..might not be a bb issue to be honest...

Shifting to the big ring, but not in every cog, it would throw the chain. The spider never rubbed because of the 11mm spacer for the BBRight. Plenty of room.

I'm not sure about that out of spec thing on R5s. They were one of the first Cervelos that came with fully closed shell. I never had any issues with noise on this bike even with the BBInfinite. Bike had a Rotor BB before and never had an issue until the bearings got crunchy.

I've not seen a single problem on the Internet about this BB but I've experienced one so like I said before, mixed feelings. I think it's a good design but perhaps not for my R5.

ms6073

by ms6073

rmerka wrote:After a month it worked itself out again...

Which loctite - 641 or 609? If 641, then I would recommend cleaning off the old Loctite, using Loctite Primer 7649, then applying Loctite 609 which is what Cannondale recommended in its Pressfit BB30 Bonding Instructions to address creaking with the Alloy SRM PF30 inserts several years back.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

rmerka

by rmerka

I used 680 (higher strength) the second round. Cleaned/Brushed on the Activator/Loctite RC on BB and shell/Pressed.... Won't be a third round on this one. Already got the Wheels Mfg PF30 Threaded http://wheelsmfg.com/pf30-threaded-angular-contact-bb-black.html

ColnagoEPQ

by ColnagoEPQ

Installed a BB Infinite bottom bracket on my son's Cervelo S3. The fit between the frame and bottom bracket was really tight. No issues in over a year of use, bearings turn smoothly and no noise (Campagnolo Super Record).

RedRacer

by RedRacer

I ordered one direct from BBI and I told them my exact frameset make/model and crankset combo. The installation failed because their BB didn't allow enough space for the Di2 wires to pass through the BB shell. BBI refused to let me return it because it was 'used' so now I have an expensive paperweight. Poor experience.

rbrtwyn

by rbrtwyn

I had one and liked it but in the end I wanted a thread together unit for a more solid fit. I recently bought the new F1 ceramic threaded unit and really like it. The bearings are other worldly!

westham7

by westham7

I have a 2012 super six evo hi mod will the bbinfinite get rid of my problems please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westham7

by westham7

I'm having creaking and a popping like sound when I press on crank arm thanks for the help in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JColvin

by JColvin

rmerka - I must know! Did the Wheels mfg bottom bracket solve your issue? I have a Cervelo R2 frame with a bbinfinite installed, which came loose and can move side to side about 2mm and even can spin within the frame's bottom bracket shell! The shell measurements are still good. Wheels Mfg claimed that their BB would solve my (and yours, rmerka) issue, so finding this thread was excellent. Thanks!

1415chris

by 1415chris

Although Wmfg threaded together bottom bracket's quality is very good, I'm not convinced about the choice of the bearings they use in their bb (Enduro).
My drive side angular stopped spinning smoothly after very short period of time. No wet riding. I degreased it and applied fresh grease. Outside the cup it spinns smoothly but when pressed in it still spinns but with noticeable resistance, so I think it's cooked.
It can also be an issue with my frame bb shell's alignment. That was the reason I went for threaded together bb.
Using plastic cups before, I had very similar situation with the bearings, but this time on the NDS. After replacement (Rotor BB-right PF, replacement bearing Enduro), when the second bearing started grinding, I decided to replace the whole bottom bracket.
I thought, if there was any misalignment it would be cured with the aluminium threaded together cups.
Now waiting for NTN no contact bearings, so will see how they spinn and for how long.

fabriciom

by fabriciom

I ordered a BB for a frame I never received, called them up after I bough another frame and they exchanged it. This over a period of more than a year.

I have a BB386 with a campagnolo chorus for more than one year and no problems.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com