Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:25 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 842
PinaF8 wrote:
I too am waiting for my SLR01 non disc in 47cm and is due to arrive early November. Etap group with Mavic SSC R-sys wheels. Can’t wait to see your build.


:thumbup:
Is the going to be a climbing bike (Mavic SSC R-Sys)?
How tall are you? (I am 171 cm and I ordered a 51 cm).


Top
   
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:49 am 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:05 am
Posts: 124
TonyM wrote:
PinaF8 wrote:
I too am waiting for my SLR01 non disc in 47cm and is due to arrive early November. Etap group with Mavic SSC R-sys wheels. Can’t wait to see your build.


:thumbup:
Is the going to be a climbing bike (Mavic SSC R-Sys)?
How tall are you? (I am 171 cm and I ordered a 51 cm).



I’m 170cm but I was mostly concerned about the TT of the 51 as it was 53.5. My comfortable reach is at 52cm. My set up is an all around bike but if there is a climb I am more than happy to climb it.

_________________
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 842
PinaF8 wrote:
TonyM wrote:
PinaF8 wrote:
I too am waiting for my SLR01 non disc in 47cm and is due to arrive early November. Etap group with Mavic SSC R-sys wheels. Can’t wait to see your build.


:thumbup:
Is the going to be a climbing bike (Mavic SSC R-Sys)?
How tall are you? (I am 171 cm and I ordered a 51 cm).



I’m 170cm but I was mostly concerned about the TT of the 51 as it was 53.5. My comfortable reach is at 52cm. My set up is an all around bike but if there is a climb I am more than happy to climb it.


(I am 171cm and I normally ride a TT 53cm and a 11cm stem; therefore size 51cm for the BMC)

If it is a all around bike, why not mid profile wheels with 35-40mm? That would be a compromise between low profile like the R-Sys and 60mm wheels. What made you choice the R-sys?


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:05 am
Posts: 124
TonyM wrote:
PinaF8 wrote:
TonyM wrote:
PinaF8 wrote:
I too am waiting for my SLR01 non disc in 47cm and is due to arrive early November. Etap group with Mavic SSC R-sys wheels. Can’t wait to see your build.


:thumbup:
Is the going to be a climbing bike (Mavic SSC R-Sys)?
How tall are you? (I am 171 cm and I ordered a 51 cm).



I’m 170cm but I was mostly concerned about the TT of the 51 as it was 53.5. My comfortable reach is at 52cm. My set up is an all around bike but if there is a climb I am more than happy to climb it.


(I am 171cm and I normally ride a TT 53cm and a 11cm stem; therefore size 51cm for the BMC)

If it is a all around bike, why not mid profile wheels with 35-40mm? That would be a compromise between low profile like the R-Sys and 60mm wheels. What made you choice the R-sys?


My LBS hooks me up and often gives me the best price. I have enve 4.5ses at my disposal. if I need aero but after riding the R-Sys and being able to hold and maintain 45-46kph on my own. Wheels seems fine to be used for an all around riding.

_________________
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:40 am
Posts: 46
To give you a idea how it looks with Enve wheels. Tis my new BMC SLR01 with the Enve's 4.5 with Enve hubs.
Went for the RIM version to get my desired position:
- BMC stem is max 13cm and i need a 14cm stem.
- Angle of my stem is 12 degrees and the BMC is 8 degrees

I love the clean look of the disc version but i hate that they don't have a solution for using you're own stem.


Attachments:
bmc.jpg
bmc.jpg [ 128.99 KiB | Viewed 236 times ]
Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:05 am
Posts: 124
ODC wrote:
To give you a idea how it looks with Enve wheels. Tis my new BMC SLR01 with the Enve's 4.5 with Enve hubs.
Went for the RIM version to get my desired position:
- BMC stem is max 13cm and i need a 14cm stem.
- Angle of my stem is 12 degrees and the BMC is 8 degrees

I love the clean look of the disc version but i hate that they don't have a solution for using you're own stem.



Very nice and still looks clean. I have a Richie Porte tiny frame style. Such a big gap in their sizing chart.

_________________
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 842
ODC wrote:
To give you a idea how it looks with Enve wheels. Tis my new BMC SLR01 with the Enve's 4.5 with Enve hubs.
Went for the RIM version to get my desired position:
- BMC stem is max 13cm and i need a 14cm stem.
- Angle of my stem is 12 degrees and the BMC is 8 degrees

I love the clean look of the disc version but i hate that they don't have a solution for using you're own stem.


Thanks! Looks good!

Which frame size is it?


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:40 am
Posts: 46
Is’t frame size 58cm


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Tarmac SL6, Madone 9, F10, or SLR01 Disc...

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

mile2424

19

1551

Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:17 pm

MRM View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. BMC slr01 team machine tyre clearance (MJ 2014 till now)

in Road

Delorre

1

725

Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:31 pm

rossjm11 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. BMC teammachine slr 01 size

in Road

dcngr

4

73

Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:59 am

dcngr View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Thoughts on the 2018 BMC Teammachine?

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]

in Road

Ruben58

77

14504

Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:38 am

exFictitiouZ View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. BMC teammachine lower bearing spec?

in Road

xcnick

4

280

Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:28 pm

xcnick View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZR3, colster, silvalis and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited