Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:00 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:26 pm
Posts: 163
Hi chaps. My Bond frameset should be here soon, and I am starting to buy the parts that I need.

My first decision is bars, I have my eye on the Deda Superzero and the Superleggero, in carbon form.

I like the cable channels on both bars, makes it look much cleaner, there is a slight weight difference between the two bars, 50g lighter for the Superleggero.

Do you have any experience with either bar? Flex, comfort, durability?

Some have said the hood mounting on the Superzero is more limited, as the shape of the clamping area. I would buy matching stem too for both.

I currently have some 3T Aeronova on my current bike, so do I go round or semi aero this time.

Thanks
Luke

_________________
2013 Merida Ride 93 Carbon


Last edited by PLuKE on Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:00 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:19 am
Posts: 1319
I haven't owned the Superzero bar but I gather it's just the Superleggera with a stretched top. I have had two sets of the Superleggera bars and think they're fantastic. I found them to be quite a bit stiffer in the drops than my Zipp or Enve aero bars - comparable to my Ritchey bars. It's been awhile since I've run 3T though so can't compare there. As for comfort, I can't say I've owned any carbon bar that was significantly more or less comfortable than another carbon bar.

And I think carbon bars only have two stages of durability; intact or broken. Fortunately, I've only experienced one. Not crashing helps.

As far as the stem, the Superzero looks quite a bit bulkier than SL so the aesthetic is something to consider. It's also quite a bit heavier. I think my SL stem was ~108g in 110mm and the 120mm Superzero was ~140g

_________________
Current:
Blue


Retired:
Project C6.0 | Felt AR FRD | Colnago C59 NERO | 2014 S-Works Tarmac | S-Works Venge | Wilier Cento Uno SL | Tarmac SL2


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:35 am
Posts: 213
I don't have experience with the bars, but the SuperZero stem is perfect for the BOND IMO. Both the -8 angle and the shape/flare match the BOND top tube very well.

SuperZero 120mm:

Image

_________________
Pro-Lite Cuneo


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:26 am
Posts: 235
Location: PNW
I have the Superleggera bars on my Parlee and love them. I went through a number of bars before trying these and sticking with them. They are comfortable; I like the bend; and they are relatively short reach -- I'm using Di2 levers which are longer reach than mechanical and I wanted a shorter reach bar to compensate.

Some carbon bars aren't appreciably lighter than their aluminum counterparts. The Superleggera's are, though.

As Imaking20 said, carbon bars have only two stages of durability: intact and broken. Take good care of your carbon bars. I've had a pair damaged in transit but otherwise ok.

Except... I had a pair of carbon DH bars. I had a small crash in the Whistler bike park. The bike looked fine, I got back up, starting riding away, and the left bar broke off in my hand. Oopsie! I was going slowly; I wasn't able to stop without a small crash but I was very lucky overall. Had the bars broken while I was riding faster, or on a jump or a drop, I could have been very seriously hurt. I replaced them with aluminum bars.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:26 pm
Posts: 163
Thank you for the input. I would usually go for carbon bars, for reasons pointed out. But I tried a demo bike with carbon bars, and the stone chipping they lay down here felt very different, much smoother in road vibrations I never wear gloves either. So with the new frame coming I wanted to try out some out.

There around a 60-70g saving in weight with Superleggera bar/stem setup compared to the Superzero.

I shall keep looking before pulling the trigger

Luke

_________________
2013 Merida Ride 93 Carbon


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:26 pm
Posts: 163
Thank you for the input. I would usually go for carbon bars, for reasons pointed out. But I tried a demo bike with carbon bars, and the stone chipping they lay down here felt very different, much smoother in road vibrations I never wear gloves either. So with the new frame coming I wanted to try out some out.

There around a 60-70g saving in weight with Superleggera bar/stem setup compared to the Superzero.

I shall keep looking before pulling the trigger

Luke

_________________
2013 Merida Ride 93 Carbon


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:04 pm
Posts: 336
I have the Superleggara bar/stem on my C60, it’s very comfortable and stiff enough, however if you’re a strong sprinter you will find they flex quite a bit when you’re putting the power down, that’s the only issue I found with them. They are amazingly light though and not too expensive.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:12 pm
Posts: 84
I have the superzero stem/bar combo on one bike and the superleggera RS stem/bar combo on my C60. I would buy the superleggera every time over the superzero's mainly because you cannot get the hoods high enough and end up tilting the bars up. I don't have my hoods that high compared to many others either. I can just get them perfect on the superleggera's but there's not much spare in that. I'm not a big powerful rider particularly at 70kg and 5ft 10 and top sprint I'm hitting 1300 watts and I'm not aware of the bars flexing quite a bit as some have said. It all feels solid as a rock to me. I would say try to look at them in person to check the height of the hoods before committing to the superzeros though the tops of them feel great.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:41 am
Posts: 2
Imaking20 wrote:
I haven't owned the Superzero bar but I gather it's just the Superleggera with a stretched top. I have had two sets of the Superleggera bars and think they're fantastic. I found them to be quite a bit stiffer in the drops than my Zipp or Enve aero bars - comparable to my Ritchey bars. It's been awhile since I've run 3T though so can't compare there. As for comfort, I can't say I've owned any carbon bar that was significantly more or less comfortable than another carbon bar.

And I think carbon bars only have two stages of durability; intact or broken. Fortunately, I've only experienced one. Not crashing helps.

As far as the stem, the Superzero looks quite a bit bulkier than SL so the aesthetic is something to consider. It's also quite a bit heavier. I think my SL stem was ~108g in 110mm and the 120mm Superzero was ~140g



Hi, I'm interest with deda superleggera that your post on For sale forum, Is the condition still good?

Regards,

bdgroadbiker


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:19 am
Posts: 1319
bdgroadbiker wrote:
Imaking20 wrote:
I haven't owned the Superzero bar but I gather it's just the Superleggera with a stretched top. I have had two sets of the Superleggera bars and think they're fantastic. I found them to be quite a bit stiffer in the drops than my Zipp or Enve aero bars - comparable to my Ritchey bars. It's been awhile since I've run 3T though so can't compare there. As for comfort, I can't say I've owned any carbon bar that was significantly more or less comfortable than another carbon bar.

And I think carbon bars only have two stages of durability; intact or broken. Fortunately, I've only experienced one. Not crashing helps.

As far as the stem, the Superzero looks quite a bit bulkier than SL so the aesthetic is something to consider. It's also quite a bit heavier. I think my SL stem was ~108g in 110mm and the 120mm Superzero was ~140g



Hi, I'm interest with deda superleggera that your post on For sale forum, Is the condition still good?

Regards,

bdgroadbiker


Yeah, they've just been sitting in my parts collection. Shoot me a PM if you can.

_________________
Current:
Blue


Retired:
Project C6.0 | Felt AR FRD | Colnago C59 NERO | 2014 S-Works Tarmac | S-Works Venge | Wilier Cento Uno SL | Tarmac SL2


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:41 am
Posts: 2
Imaking20 wrote:
bdgroadbiker wrote:
Imaking20 wrote:
I haven't owned the Superzero bar but I gather it's just the Superleggera with a stretched top. I have had two sets of the Superleggera bars and think they're fantastic. I found them to be quite a bit stiffer in the drops than my Zipp or Enve aero bars - comparable to my Ritchey bars. It's been awhile since I've run 3T though so can't compare there. As for comfort, I can't say I've owned any carbon bar that was significantly more or less comfortable than another carbon bar.

And I think carbon bars only have two stages of durability; intact or broken. Fortunately, I've only experienced one. Not


Hi, I'm interest with deda superleggera that your post on For sale forum, Is the condition still good?

Regards,
bdgroadbiker


Yeah, they've just been sitting in my parts collection. Shoot me a PM if you can.


Already done a PM to You. Thanks


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:47 pm
Posts: 17
Can anyone provide some links to carbon Deda stems and bars. I'm finding alloy, but not carbon.

Thanks


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:26 am
Posts: 235
Location: PNW
Greatestalltime wrote:
Can anyone provide some links to carbon Deda stems and bars. I'm finding alloy, but not carbon.

Thanks

http://www.dedaelementi.com/?product_cat=superleggera&lang=en


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:12 pm
Posts: 84
[quote="Greatestalltime"]Can anyone provide some links to carbon Deda stems and bars. I'm finding alloy, but not carbon.


https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/catalogs ... Handle+Bar

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/deda-superlegge ... handlebar/

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/deda-superleggero-stem/

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/deda-superleggero-rs-stem/

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/deda-superlegge ... andle-bar/


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:15 am
Posts: 31
Deda don't do carbon stems.


Top
   
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:17 am 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Deda Superzero cockpit

in Road

possibleweenie

5

918

Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:43 pm

possibleweenie View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Deda SuperZero and Garmin

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

jbrandt

21

2645

Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:59 pm

5 8 5 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Deda Superleggera v Presa

in Road

Lafolie

1

613

Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:51 am

Mockenrue View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Canyon VCLS S13 and Deda SuperZero Seatposts - a question on comfort

in Road

mingsta

0

488

Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:45 pm

mingsta View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Deda RHM vs Shallow for Campagnolo

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

TSJ

17

1049

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:39 pm

fogman View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], brmf, Chris3g, Google [Bot], lovinmylab, Miller, TomHelly, TurboKoo, Yahoo [Bot] and 39 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited