Lightest 30mm crank (bb30 = ok) with removable spider

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

uraqt

by uraqt

Also it looks like Campy may be dropped Over Torque, it's not in the 2018 catalog or price list. Most of the shops have blow them out last year.

C

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

otoman

by otoman

nickf wrote:My lightning crank

Non driveside arm-153g
Driveside w/ 110bcd spider- 226
Built with extralite MC rings- 492

30mm spindle w/ a wide spindle. Will fit a standard 68mm bsa shell with their bb.

Another vote for Lightning. I have had three cranks on three bikes, my current has been run for about 7 years now with an old Quarq Cinqo power meter. I *think* the new Quarq for Specialized should work as the interface is the same. The SRM for Specialized will work per other threads here on WW.

Lightnings are crazy light. The ceramic bottom bracket options from Lightning last as long as anything out there getting years of use riding in all sorts of weather. I'm a fan as long as you Loctite the lockring on the NDS in place.
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

alistaird

by alistaird

uraqt wrote:Also it looks like Campy may be dropped Over Torque, it's not in the 2018 catalog or price list. Most of the shops have blow them out last year.

C

Indeed they have but when I last looked you could still find a few on eBay NOS.

A

uraqt

by uraqt

I am kinda praying to any God that will listen, can we it re-introduced with the new 4 bolt design. : ) : )

C

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

Lightning is the lightest with a removable spider.
Easton EC90 and Thm M3 are pretty much equal for 2nd. An aftermarket spider for Easton to fit 5 bolt rings is soon to be available.