2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

timgrange

by timgrange

Global wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:13 pm
40A49395-99C8-4E9C-A5D6-B929D853F460.jpegHere’s a few of my cyan just finished it Wednesday weight is 6.5 kg
1x? That’s bold! I rode GMR/Crystal Lake yesterday with 25 miles of climbing. That 30t in the back came in handy more than once. How is that full gearing ratio compared to mid-compact that comes on complete bike? Beautiful bike BTW.

Global

by Global

So far so good for what I’ve been riding. Will update to 12 speed when and if it is released. My wife will have front derailer when her 49 is built.
Global :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glander

by glander

Global wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:49 pm
So far so good for what I’ve been riding. Will update to 12 speed when and if it is released. My wife will have front derailer when her 49 is built.
Looks beautiful, I ran 1x with Etap on my Crux and never dropped a chain, even without a clutch. Please keep the pics coming.... Can't wait to see the 49 built...

glander

by glander

Frame Came in today, I got her built and will go for a ride tomorrow. Wahoo Blue bar wrap because that's all I had around for the build.
Attachments
IMG_3054.JPG

Global

by Global

Hope you enjoy your bike as much as I do mine. Did you get a ride in yet?
Global :)

glander

by glander

Global wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:53 am
Just around the block a few times. Tomorrow will be the shake down ride....

L3X

by L3X

sychen wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:46 am
I wasn't passing judgement.
My personal preference is for the superstar paint. Doesn't come in disc though.

The gold/flake is too bling for me. I'm sure someone here will love it.
I like the superstar paintjob a lot more as well... this gold paintjob just looks a bit too much.

Also: why didn't they present this paintjob on a VIAS, surely he'll be using that during the tour...

dcorn

by dcorn

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:05 pm
I like the new Sagan logo design they did for the collection they made for him.... but I'm not a big fan of the color choice. The gunmetal grey looks nice, but I'm not a fan of gold and it seems weird because he's not the Olympic champaion. Typically, in cycling the old colors are researced for the Oympic champion.
Says who? The world champ still gets a gold medal. And clearly Spesh doesn't agree with you since Chantel Blaak also has gold plastered all over her Tarmac disc.

I just don't like the new Sagan design, period.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Someone please inform Bahrain-Merida of these unspoken rules so they get rid of their hideous gold Rudy Project helmets.

glander

by glander

Global wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:53 am
Besides a little chonic seatpost slipage which I hope is solved this bike rocks. I was afraid it would feel like my sl5, boy was I pleasantly surprized.... A++ Specialized...

morganb

by morganb

My local shop had the red frame in 56, 890g with hanger and bottle cage bolts. The color looked stunning in person, almost a pinkish fluoro red.

sychen

by sychen

glander wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:50 pm
Besides a little chonic seatpost slipage which I hope is solved this bike rocks. I was afraid it would feel like my sl5, boy was I pleasantly surprized.... A++ Specialized...
So i'm not alone in the seatpost slippage department... very annoying.

Did you carbon paste it? i've just tapped the wedge/bolt in a bit then tightened it again. Seem to hold on the last ride.

glander

by glander

sychen wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:27 am
glander wrote:

Did you carbon paste it? i've just tapped the wedge/bolt in a bit then tightened it again. Seem to hold on the last ride.
I did use carbon paste but initally maybe not enough so I took it out added more and we will see on tomorrows ride. Did you go over the 6.2 NM?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I'm on the SBCU page and that seems to be an issue with the SL6's.... many dealers are reporting seatpost slipping.

AW84

by AW84

sychen wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:27 am
glander wrote:

Specialized really ought to either provide carbon paste with the bikes or make very clear in a warning label that the SL6 requires it prior to riding. The seatpost on my rim-brake SL6 got mangled on the first ride and had to be replaced. It took copious amounts of carbon paste to make it stay in place. On the flipside, my SL5 has never had carbon paste and never been close to adequately torqued and hasn't slipped in 30,000 miles of use.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com