2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sigma

by sigma

So I am going to be ordering my SL6 disc shortly for my race rig this year. Has anyone done the Sram Etap set up themselves? I am just wondering about Front Der setup and any issues so far. Since I live in the Utah mountains, I am intending to put an 11-32 on the back so debating either SRAM Etap with the Wifli or Dura Ace Di2 with either the ultegra RD, the dura ace one with the K edge pulley, or the Wolf Tooth Link. Color wise, I am somewhat uncharacterically being drawn to the Chameleon Flake or Cyan as opposed to my normal matte stealth looks..
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I picked this up on Friday afternoon. Currently rolling a temporary stem, I might swap the bar out for an Aerofly and need to put one of my Berk saddles on as I'm not getting along with the Toupe.

glander

by glander

sigma wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:53 pm
So I am going to be ordering my SL6 disc shortly for my race rig this year. Has anyone done the Sram Etap set up themselves? I am just wondering about Front Der setup and any issues so far. Since I live in the Utah mountains, I am intending to put an 11-32 on the back so debating either SRAM Etap with the Wifli or Dura Ace Di2 with either the ultegra RD, the dura ace one with the K edge pulley, or the Wolf Tooth Link. Color wise, I am somewhat uncharacterically being drawn to the Chameleon Flake or Cyan as opposed to my normal matte stealth looks..
My frame is built with Etap 50/34 and 11/36 Wifli, shifts perfect.
Attachments
IMG_8964.JPG

sigma

by sigma

glander wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:22 pm
sigma wrote:
That's exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks very much!
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.

sigma

by sigma

Just for information, called Specialized today and asked about the availability of zero-offset seat posts for the SL6 Disc. They said about two months out or so.

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

sigma wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:12 pm
glander wrote:
sigma wrote:
I know the Dure Ace RD is officially specified to accept up to 30 teeth, but is there any information out on whether it would be able to accept also a 32-tooth cassette?

CallumRD1

by CallumRD1

My ultegra 8050 RD has the same cage length as the 9150 RD and I run an 11-32 on my Felt F3x. I just needed to adjust the b tension screw to keep the jocky wheel away from the 32t cog.

1swiftvelo

by 1swiftvelo

sigma wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:30 am
Just for information, called Specialized today and asked about the availability of zero-offset seat posts for the SL6 Disc. They said about two months out or so.
PM me. I should have one at the shop.

glander

by glander

Torbjorn wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:38 pm
sigma wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:12 pm
glander wrote:
sigma wrote:
I know the Dure Ace RD is officially specified to accept up to 30 teeth, but is there any information out on whether it would be able to accept also a 32-tooth cassette?
I ran a 32 on my first gen Tarmac disc without any problem and they were all short cages back then. Frame size 52 if that makes a difference. Seeing that the cages are longer now I think you should be good....

sychen

by sychen

After spending nearly a week back in the shop looking for the source of the di2 battery drain issue(spoiler... It was the battery) , finally have it back(battery replaced land went for a sunrise jaunt down to La Perouse. Supercaz tape on, steerer cut and most importantly saddle bag the right way up(hopefully).

The supercaz silver galaxy tape looks great and better definitely in feel compared to the S-works tape. I still rank the cinelli tape higher at this point but happy ride this one. ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cemicar

by Cemicar

nice bike, nice background.

ODC

by ODC

Does someone knows if the ENVE 4.5 AR disc wheels suit/are compatible with this frame?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sychen

by sychen

ODC wrote:Does someone knows if the ENVE 4.5 AR disc wheels suit/are compatible with this frame?
I believe the AR model is about 31mm wide outside so should be fine if paired with a 28/30mm rubber.

I did measure clearance with a calliper when I got my bike and was around 33/34 mm at the seat stays and fork.

Rims will definitely fit but rubber choice will be the limiting factor.

Edit: memory betrays me... Measured it again.. 36mm at back and 40mm+ at the front.. In terms of rim width allowance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk