2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

queloque67

by queloque67

spazmaster wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:42 pm
MRM wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:13 pm
spazmaster wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:17 am
Here in the Netherlands I see a Specialized store giving the following prices:

Regular S-Works Tarmac Disc Frame € 3.699
UL S-Works Tarmac Disc Frame € 3.899
Complete S-Works Tarmac Disc (incl powermeter) € 9.999

source: https://www.bikeshop.nl/nieuws/tarmac-disc-2018

I went for the white lining-black shiny logo-on black matte and just ordered a complete S-Works Tarmac Disc, yay :)
Congrats! Hope the weather picks up even more and you get to ride it a lot this year!
There were only 20 frames and apparently 0 complete bikes available for the whole of Benelux(!).
I was just told I have to wait till end of May :(

Specialized really must be having manufacturing issues with such super low numbers.
I think they are shipping to cities where the demand is highest.

cassard

by cassard

damn lucky, in Canada, there is no Frameset and UL available. Only full bike at 12 800$ CAD, seriously not that bad for the package with the powermeter.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bordcla

by Bordcla

cassard wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:24 pm
damn lucky, in Canada, there is no Frameset and UL available. Only full bike at 12 800$ CAD, seriously not that bad for the package with the powermeter.
I think I know you from another forum and quite like what you generally post. I certainly have no beef against you, so please don't take this personal: I think your post is proof that the constant battering of ever pricier bicycles has seriously distorted our perception of "reasonable" when it comes to prices.

They're selling the frame alone for more than $4.5K and the wheels for 3 grand! That is insane.

$4K buys several other very decent COMPLETE bikes, and I'm not talking cheapy alloy with 105 or Tiagra. You could get a while Cervelo S3 with Ultegra and half-decent wheels for $4K. Very much a World Tour worthy frame, and not some piece of cheap garbage.

I can understand the more complex manufacturing of an S-Works frame increases cost to a degree, but the upcharge has reached ridiculous levels that we start to take for granted.

Enough of these 13K Specialized and $16K Treks! It's insane!

queloque67

by queloque67

Bordcla wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:39 pm
cassard wrote:
I think I know you from another forum and quite like what you generally post. I certainly have no beef against you, so please don't take this personal: I think your post is proof that the constant battering of ever pricier bicycles has seriously distorted our perception of "reasonable" when it comes to prices.

They're selling the frame alone for more than $4.5K and the wheels for 3 grand! That is insane.

$4K buys several other very decent COMPLETE bikes, and I'm not talking cheapy alloy with 105 or Tiagra. You could get a while Cervelo S3 with Ultegra and half-decent wheels for $4K. Very much a World Tour worthy frame, and not some piece of cheap garbage.

I can understand the more complex manufacturing of an S-Works frame increases cost to a degree, but the upcharge has reached ridiculous levels that we start to take for granted.

3k for the wheelset? Their last year wheelset on Specializes website are cheaper and specs pretty much the same:
Roval CL 50 Disc Wheelset
$1,650.00

Bordcla

by Bordcla

queloque67 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:56 pm
Bordcla wrote:
cassard wrote:

3k for the wheelset? Their last year wheelset on Specializes website are cheaper and specs pretty much the same:
Roval CL 50 Disc Wheelset
$1,650.00
The CLX 50 (not the CL) sell for $2800 in Canada.

queloque67

by queloque67

I was able to pick up my 56 ultralight frame. So validating the log is not solid white.

queloque67

by queloque67

This was the one they had built out in the bike store charging the DI2. I'm going with SRAM Red ETAP with my build. I'm in the Washington DC area.

MRM

by MRM

Maybe there is a color change already or is every colorway available as an ultralight? Because even on the website it is shown as black with solid silver/white decals.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/mens- ... 653-153989

I don't really mind either way, just seems to be quite confusing. I think the black with holographic decals that you got looks better anyway! :thumbup:

edit: no offense intended, are you sure it's an ultralight and not the regular Tarmac disc (hoping you are not getting ripped off due to some confusion)?

queloque67

by queloque67

MRM wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:55 pm
Maybe there is a color change already or is every colorway available as an ultralight? Because even on the website it is shown as black with solid silver/white decals.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/mens- ... 653-153989

I don't really mind either way, just seems to be quite confusing. I think the black with holographic decals that you got looks better anyway! :thumbup:

edit: no offense intended, are you sure it's an ultralight and not the regular Tarmac disc (hoping you are not getting ripped off due to some confusion)?
says it on the box

queloque67

by queloque67

queloque67

by queloque67

I think the logo is distinguished between the Disc frame and rim break frame for the ultralights.

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Bordcla wrote:
Because they know, they have to produce second frame for warranty.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

queloque67

by queloque67

rainerhq wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:54 pm
Bordcla wrote:
Because they know, they have to produce second frame for warranty.
I lucked out and got mine for $4k. the shop is giving me a deal on frame and components for the build out.

Alpine318is

by Alpine318is

It does say that on the box but it looks pretty similar to this

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/mens- ... 919-134480

Whats a phone call to specilized gonna cost you just to confirm?
2018 Specialized S-Works Tarmac
SRAM Etap
ENVE 4.5

2018 Bianchi Infinito CV
SRAM Etap
ENVE Classics 45

2016 Cervelo P2
Ultegra 6800 Di2
ENVE 6.7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

queloque67

by queloque67

Alpine318is wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:28 pm
It does say that on the box but it looks pretty similar to this

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/mens- ... 919-134480

Whats a phone call to specilized gonna cost you just to confirm?
Last edited by queloque67 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.