2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Delorre

by Delorre

TobinHatesYou wrote:
TonyM wrote:If the road goes up you will definitely feel the 350-400g due to the discs. AND your bike will feel less responsive also.
BUT you may be faster downhill :mrgreen:

A 400g difference up an 8% 5km climb At 275W and a system weight around 160lbs is like... 7 seconds off of 19.5min. If you can really feel that, I applaud you.

It has been discussed to death, but even if you don't go really slower with a 400gr weight penalty, depending on weight distribution, the extra weight can very well be felt in the way the bike behaves and reacts to power / steering inputs, and that is also very important for the non racers amongst us! I have 3 bike to compare:

Scott Addict rim brake, 6.35 kg
Scott Addict disc , 6.65 kg : thx to the fairly light disc wheels + light DA hydro shifters, calipers and rotorst, he weight on the top of the bike similar to the rim brake version ==> almost no diff in ride feel.
Canyon Endurace, 6.9kg : despite the same light wheels, but due to the really heafty 785 levers, more heavy calipers and rotors, you really feel the extra weight when rocking the bike from side to side.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dcorn

by dcorn

Feddesman wrote:Also still waiting for the disc version.my LBS tought the disc will arrive in july with the TDF.
I hope it will be allot sooner because i want my new bike before june.

I've heard from a few places online that the disc Tarmac will be revealed and available at the Tour Down Under in Australia. I really hope this is true because I've been ready to buy since this past spring!

Bream

by Bream

Looking forward to see how this looks when it's finally released :)

TonyM

by TonyM

Most probably revealed at the Tour down under but available much later! Look at the announcement and availability of the rim Tarmac...

Feddesman

by Feddesman

Just found it in the Netherlands.
I want it :-P

Arnoud

by Arnoud

Really cool. Apparently Boels Dolmans presentation

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

dcorn

by dcorn

I saw those pics on IG today as well. Odd for a couple reasons. One, the picture show two different bikes. The paint schemes don't match up. Second, this is the first S-works Sram bike that has been pictured other than custom frame build ups. Since Sram doesn't make a direct mount brake, we haven't seen their groupset on a stock Tarmac. But swap to disc and it's time for the eTap HRD to shine.

I'm really hoping Spesh comes out with some awesome disc colorways like they did with the camo non-disc frames.

Arnoud

by Arnoud

Actually it's not all that strange: orange bike: team bike. White bike: bike of the world champion woman. And there we have it: two different bikes in one team!

Feddesman

by Feddesman

Arnoud wrote:Actually it's not all that strange: orange bike: team bike. White bike: bike of the world champion woman. And there we have it: two different bikes in one team!

I hope the White one will be available for everyone and not only for World champions.
Much better than boring black.

TonyM

by TonyM

Feddesman wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:51 pm
I hope the White one will be available for everyone and not only for World champions.
+1

All these black S-works definitely look "boring" :(

MNX1024

by MNX1024

Kind of wish that's not the final design of the bike. Really hoped that it would go a full internal cable routing within the stem like the BMC SLR01. Now, I might have to re-evaluate getting the disc version.

mile2424

by mile2424

TonyM wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:15 pm
Feddesman wrote:
+1

Very easy to custom paint these bikes whatever color you want! Contact Ron Jones and it's covered under warranty as well.

TonyM

by TonyM

mile2424 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:49 pm
TonyM wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:15 pm
Feddesman wrote:
+1

Very easy to custom paint these bikes whatever color you want! Contact Ron Jones and it's covered under warranty as well.
Actually a GOOD idea! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Who is covering what in terms of warranty? Specialized maintain their warranty on frame which are painted by third party? Or does R. Joens has a warranty on the paint?

dcorn

by dcorn

Who is Ron Jones? Is he the 'notenoughswedes' guy that custom paints all the Specialized bikes? How much does even a simple custom paint job cost?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mile2424

by mile2424

dcorn wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:26 pm
Who is Ron Jones? Is he the 'notenoughswedes' guy that custom paints all the Specialized bikes? How much does even a simple custom paint job cost?
Yes he works for Specialized but will paint customer bikes. Reach out and contact him. I am not sure on the pricing off hand. Probably starting around $800-1000 or so I would think but better to ask him.