2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Slack

by Slack

We have been told by Specialized it will just be 2 variants of S-works bikes plus frames for model year '18. Pro and Expert models will be 2019 range.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roentgun

by Roentgun

Slack wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:07 pm
We have been told by Specialized it will just be 2 variants of S-works bikes plus frames for model year '18. Pro and Expert models will be 2019 range.
Any word on the “go live” date?

Slack

by Slack

Roentgun wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:00 pm
Slack wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:07 pm
Any word on the “go live” date?
I guess that would depend where you are, we were only told when to expect them in the U.K.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

A friend who works for a leading dealer in Australia sent me this today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonyM

by TonyM

That sounds imminent now! :thumbup:
At least for ordering.....delivery as from late May for many sizes means actually in almost 4 (!) months....

Paint is however disappointing (same as the Tarmac rim). Somehow boring.

bas

by bas

I was going to get one of these to replace my Vias rim bike, late May for my size probably means June at best. I’ve been told an updated Vias is coming later this year, may as well wait and see if we get any hints on that around TDF time

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Remember, the availability line shows when it’d land if they hit order today. If the first drop of x bikes all have pre orders (Late March drop) then it rolls onto the next drop of x bikes.

So whilst Specialized may have none in their warehouse, chances are a LBS will.

TonyM

by TonyM

Then you have to hope that your LBS pre ordered some in your size and that they are not already sold to some customers (who may have placed a pre order).....I placed for example a pre order in October last year at my LBS....

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Indeed, with all the preorders lining up, the chance of getting one in "regular market" is minimal.

Although with top end bikes, it's a quite common situation. Cervelo, for instance, as far as I've heard, has sold out ALL Di2 Disc R5's in Europe already (just some eTap models left), and there won't be more stock available until summer, basically, MY 2019.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Literally depends on ramp-up/stockpiling. I had zero issues ordering an Emonda SLR Disc P1 Fromm Trek last July. Took 2.5 weeks from order time to delivery. Non-P1 probably would have been delivered in 3-5 days.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

TonyM wrote:Then you have to hope that your LBS pre ordered some in your size and that they are not already sold to some customers (who may have placed a pre order).....I placed for example a pre order in October last year at my LBS....
Seeing as the ability for your LBS to actually place pre orders only opened this week globally - you’d hope that the guys who took your order got in early enough to secure the pre order you placed in October. You’d hate to have your store mis out but the one across town was quicker and had one or two in your size sitting on the floor.

bas

by bas

Yes you are right, 2 shops locally have them coming mid march. I assume the bigger shops pre ordered a couple in common sizes knowing they’d sell them. Apparently coming with the SWorks dual sided power meter, di2, same price as rim brake model

TonyM

by TonyM

Many shops gave plenty of pre orders already since last year. Ordering now will come after all these pre orders. It depends also on the size and the availability of this size in the country.

Dsweeney33

by Dsweeney33

DartanianX wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:41 am
A friend who works for a leading dealer in Australia sent me this today.

DartanianX - Any word on a Ultralight version of the S-Works disc?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Dsweeney33 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:11 pm

DartanianX - Any word on a Ultralight version of the S-Works disc?
I doubt they will bother considering how far off weight targets all of their rim-brake Ultralights have been.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com