2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

Torbjorn wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:49 pm
bas wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:14 am
(...) Apparently coming with the SWorks dual sided power meter, di2, same price as rim brake model
This is pretty huge news. Where did you hear this? Getting the disc version of this bike, with one of the best power meters on the market (at least that's what I've read about the 4iiii/Specialized power meter that has been rumored for months now) for the same price as the rim brake model...? That is crazy. Really hope this is true!
boots2000 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:51 pm
Don't get too excited.
I have a buddy who got a rim brake S-works with that powermeter. It is a pretty terrible powermeter. It drifts all over the place. Accurate maybe 1 of out 5-7 rides.
I doubt that's their new one made together with 4iiii. This has just very recently reached the pro ranks: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2018/01/a-c ... under.html

I read somewhere (can't find the URL right now, I'm afraid) that it will be perhaps the most precise power meter on the market with a 1% error margin. And super light, apparently.

boots2000

by boots2000

The powermeter that I was describing (that works terribly) is a two sided 4IIII with Specialized S-works crank arms.
It has the accuracy of a broken clock.

Torbjorn wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:53 am
Torbjorn wrote:
bas wrote:
(...) Apparently coming with the SWorks dual sided power meter, di2, same price as rim brake model
This is pretty huge news. Where did you hear this? Getting the disc version of this bike, with one of the best power meters on the market (at least that's what I've read about the 4iiii/Specialized power meter that has been rumored for months now) for the same price as the rim brake model...? That is crazy. Really hope this is true!
boots2000 wrote:
Don't get too excited.
I have a buddy who got a rim brake S-works with that powermeter. It is a pretty terrible powermeter. It drifts all over the place. Accurate maybe 1 of out 5-7 rides.
I doubt that's their new one made together with 4iiii. This has just very recently reached the pro ranks: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2018/01/a-c ... under.html

I read somewhere (can't find the URL right now, I'm afraid) that it will be perhaps the most precise power meter on the market with a 1% error margin. And super light, apparently.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

Ok, thank you for the information. Would have been nice to know which model it is. Also, you can find power meters with the accuracy of a broken clock (faulty meter) from any of the top level power meter manufacturers, right, it remains anecdotal information until corroborated by a large number of users. Not criticizing your post, just putting in perspective.

dcorn

by dcorn

boots2000 wrote:
Don't get too excited.

Torbjorn wrote:
bas wrote:
Is your buddy on a pro tour team or in the cycling industry where you guys are breaking a big NDA/press embargo?

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

I checked the power meter rumors with the Spesh Concept Store next to where I live (Geneva, Switzerland). They checked with Specialized (Europe, in Paris I believe?), and have now apparently received confirmation that the Tarmac Disc will come without a power meter (here at least..), and that the new power meter will hit the public market in September 2018 at the earliest. That's what they know today, and then, of course, things and dates change, as we know.

Regarding the actual bike, they told me it should be possible for me to order it in March, with delivery March/April. The main guy in the store will go to a European briefing meeting on Feb 26th; I expect they will know in more detail after that.

Arnoud

by Arnoud

Received a comparable explanation at the Concept Store I go to. There is a dealer event this month. They have not been told what will happen there, but... Specialized Europe is by the way located in 's Heerenberg in the Netherlands.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

bas

by bas

Love this colour, my shop had one for a day as well. Not available initially, black only...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feddesman

by Feddesman

Love the colour to.
I hope the release will be soon.Can’t wait any longer....

Roentgun

by Roentgun

Specialized better hurry up. Cannondale’s System 6 is looking pretty nice!

glander

by glander

The current sl6 with direct mount brakes is simply awesome and I have a hunch that as the "classics" begin the SL6 Disc will be announced. Now as far as when they will be avialble for purchase might be a entirely differnt sorry.

moyboy

by moyboy

Here is Lizzie's ride.... just posted on the gram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfqUDzwA8ie/?hl=en

dcorn

by dcorn

Ugh, such an awesome paint scheme.

queloque67

by queloque67

I think the bike looks fine...I just don't like the orange on the fork.

Feddesman

by Feddesman

Arnoud wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:31 pm
Received a comparable explanation at the Concept Store I go to. There is a dealer event this month. They have not been told what will happen there, but... Specialized Europe is by the way located in 's Heerenberg in the Netherlands.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
somebody got some news about the dealer event yesterday?

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

Not yet, will let you know as soon as I hear.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com