Shimano ST-R785 Compatibility EW-RS910 Junction Box

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gazzaputt

by gazzaputt

Is it possible to Wire up ST-785 hydraulic shifters with the new bar mount ew-rs910 junction box?

I believe there is a single junction port on these shifters. I believed, wrongly, there were multiple ports.

If so it scuppers the wiring plan I had. One cable from junction box to shifter, shifter to shifter and the one to the varvend box.

Any advice gratefully received!
Last edited by gazzaputt on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

djwalker

by djwalker

I have done it and it works fine. The only thing you need to do is add a SM-JC41 4-port junction box inside of the bars to give you the extra ports that you will need. You might think that the new Y cables would help but they didn't help me because the cable lengths didn't work out with my bars. So, what I did was put the EW-RS910 in the right end of the bars with the SM-JC41 just a little further inside the bars. One wire goes from the left shifter to the SM-JC41, another wire goes from the right shifter to the SM-JC41, a third wire goes from the SM-JC41 out of the bars to the rest of the bike, and a short wire from the EW-RS910 to the SM-JC41. All of the wires were internally routed inside of the bars.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gazzaputt

by gazzaputt

Nice idea thank you. Problem is bars I bought I cannot run the cables internally.☹

gazzaputt

by gazzaputt

Sussed it. A ew-jc130 connected into left shifter and the other side to the ew-rs910. Cable from ew-rs910 to right shifter. Use a ew-jc200 to connect to the original di2 from the junction box to the ew-jc130.