Sram red 22 and segmented housing

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I have been using ilink and powercordz swift housing with sram red 22 but find it makes a noticeable lump under the hood if routed inside the bar. Anyone have any solutions?
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

andrew9

by andrew9

I used Alligator ilink 5mm for both shifting and brakes with Force22.
I remember having to cut the end links down in length and/or machine the diameter down for some of the terminations, and under the goods were one spot that needed modification. Unfortunately I don't remember the specifics.

sungod

by sungod

i use nokon and powercordz with sram (red, and then etap), never had any issue with lumpiness

nokon uses flexible sections from the levers until inside the bars, it's probably even thinner than normal cable outer would be, you can see two pieces of it in the image below

btw if you decide to try nokon with powercordz, don't use the nokon liner, get the liner from powercordz as it's way better

oldnslow2

by oldnslow2

Sorry, i can't help....

Jagwire, eTab and no problem.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

NiFTY wrote:I have been using ilink and powercordz swift housing with sram red 22 but find it makes a noticeable lump under the hood if routed inside the bar. Anyone have any solutions?

Switch to Aican Bunguras? It's all the same diameter on all links, no bumpy bits