Venge ViAS Owners

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

morganb

by morganb

Has anyone who owns a Venge ridden it with and without the integrated stem/bar setup? I am considering getting a disc model at some point before spring and am curious how the integrated set up performs in terms of ride, flex, etc. I know its heavy and would probably run the Sprint/SL70 Aero combo if I didn't go integrated. I would be using the flat bar if I did the ViAS set up.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rossjm11

by rossjm11

From my understanding, though limited, the integrated bar stem is not really something you want to replace. This is because all the cables go through the cockpit into the bike.
BMC SLR01 2015
Redline Conquest Team

morganb

by morganb

rossjm11 wrote:From my understanding, though limited, the integrated bar stem is not really something you want to replace. This is because all the cables go through the cockpit into the bike.

The newer models have downtube ports for cable routing. I'd be doing eTap so there would only be the brake cables to worry about from a drag perspective.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

rossjm11 wrote:From my understanding, though limited, the integrated bar stem is not really something you want to replace. This is because all the cables go through the cockpit into the bike.

In that case, Shimano Pro Vibe Aero handlebar with Pro Vibe stem can do it, right?
they can even hide di2 battery inside the steerer tube instead of somewhere middle of the bike.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Hexsense wrote:

In that case, Shimano Pro Vibe Aero handlebar with Pro Vibe stem can do it, right?
they can even hide di2 battery inside the steerer tube instead of somewhere middle of the bike.

steering tube now.. I'm behind the times.
Last edited by spdntrxi on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Hexsense

by Hexsense

spdntrxi wrote:
Hexsense wrote:

are you sure you mean battery in the steerer tube?

yes.
First found in MTB.
https://youtu.be/EnGAm46QpUk?t=4m47s

and then Pro Vibe Di2 stem for road bike also has it now.

https://youtu.be/pHoSDEXR3B0?t=5m18s

topflightpro

by topflightpro

morganb wrote:The newer models have downtube ports for cable routing. I'd be doing eTap so there would only be the brake cables to worry about from a drag perspective.

That only appears to apply to the non-S-works models.

morganb

by morganb

topflightpro wrote:
morganb wrote:The newer models have downtube ports for cable routing. I'd be doing eTap so there would only be the brake cables to worry about from a drag perspective.

For completes yes but for frame only they have downtube ports. If I end up getting one I'll probably get an expert since its the same frame for all models (other than the lack of ports on the complete S-Works.

pyrahna

by pyrahna

topflightpro wrote:

Negative....I've seen 3 S-Works Sagan editions (so disc brake) and all of them have had the downtube cable entries and the hose entry in the fork.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

It appears that I am wrong. The S-Works frames do have the ports.

And it does look like all the frames are the same 11R carbon with S-Works fork. So, other than paint, why would someone pay $4,500 for a Sagan frame or $4k for an S-Works, when they can get the Expert for $4,500?

pyrahna

by pyrahna

Never underestimate the draw of a cool paint scheme and 'S-Works' written on the side.

You are 100% correct that is what is different between those frames.

topflightpro wrote:It appears that I am wrong. The S-Works frames do have the ports.

And it does look like all the frames are the same 11R carbon with S-Works fork. So, other than paint, why would someone pay $4,500 for a Sagan frame or $4k for an S-Works, when they can get the Expert for $4,500?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com