Deda Superzero cockpit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

possibleweenie

by possibleweenie

Hi there,

Just a quick question. I need to change my stem from 100mm to 110mm to stabilise my bike a bit and looking for stems I saw a deal on the Superzero cockpit (stem + bars) in Alu. I like the look of the stem and I am liking the looks of the combo although it will add weight to the bike I have now (Zero 100 bar + S-works SL stem) because I'm looking to do the combo in alloy.

My question is whether it will look a bit off in a non-aero bike (Rose Xeon RS)

Thanks in advance!

kgt

by kgt

The Superzero stem looks very normal and the bars are not extremely flat. IMO it will look fine.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rlanger

by rlanger

kgt wrote:The Superzero stem looks very normal and the bars are not extremely flat. IMO it will look fine.

+1 This is one of the nice things about this stem and bar combo. It's a nice compromise between full aero like the 3T Aeronova, and a standard bar.

Should look nice on just about any bike.

c60rider

by c60rider

These are really poor if you like the brake levers higher. I don't have mine particularly high and needed to push them to the maximum height on the carbon version and still tilt the bars to get them to the right height. I doubt the alloy version are any different so you need to be wary of this with the dedas.

possibleweenie

by possibleweenie

c60rider wrote:These are really poor if you like the brake levers higher. I don't have mine particularly high and needed to push them to the maximum height on the carbon version and still tilt the bars to get them to the right height. I doubt the alloy version are any different so you need to be wary of this with the dedas.

I'm like a flat transition between the top and the hoods. Would that be an issue? From the photos I've seen, that seems to be alright.

possibleweenie

by possibleweenie

rlanger wrote:
kgt wrote:The Superzero stem looks very normal and the bars are not extremely flat. IMO it will look fine.

+1 This is one of the nice things about this stem and bar combo. It's a nice compromise between full aero like the 3T Aeronova, and a standard bar.

Should look nice on just about any bike.

Cool. I'll get them then. They will add some weight to the bike, but I do like the looks of them. I think I can compensate by replacing the pedals and maybe using that Rotor Uno cassette I got as a gift... (133.5g)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com