Campy PU V1 Questions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

colnagoc59

by colnagoc59

I have a EPS PU V1 whole groupset bought new when it first came out that is sitting in my closet. if I provided the serial number of PU would Campy be able to tell if it is one of the problem units. It has been replaced before and does not seem to have SD2 engraved on it anywhere. It is out of warranty. I constantly get front derailleur malfunction on bike. I replaced front derailleur 2 same issue after about a week. You can hear front derailleur click but it does not move so I assumed the derailleur was problem. I was told by Campy North America they would only warranty units purchased from US dealers because it voids warranty in US needs to be sent to UK. Not sure if this is correct. I purchased from US online authorized retailer but I found out later they source their Campy from UK distributor. NA Campy did not want to deal with it. Front derailleur was replaced through retailer where bought when one month of 3 year warranty remained. That derailleur did the same thing after about 2 months. Warranty ended Campy would not warranty it out as good will. Bought another front derailleur myself same issue after about a week. At this point I'm thinking PU or interface but have given up buying parts to find found what will fix issue. I eventually replaced with SR mechanical as well as whole bike frame because it was electronic only. I would like to fix issue so I can sell whole group. Does any one have any suggestions?

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Miller

by Miller

At this stage in the game an externally mounted battery is not going to command much value, nor a v1 interface. My advice would be to sell the ergos and derailleurs for whatever you can get for them.