Canyon H36 with aerobars extension

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dorin

by dorin

hi everyone,

I'm looking into adding aerobars to my Canyon SLX 9.0, as the h36 has a very specific shape is not that easy. I noticed the Syncros RR1.0 has the same shape, did anyone try, or have any ideas? I cannot use the Syncros stem as Canyon uses a 1 1/4 steerer tube..

or can you share what solution did you take?

thanks a mil for you advices,
Dorin

http://www.syncros.com/nz/en/products/2505530135121/Syncros-RR1-0-SL-Bar-Stem-400
Last edited by dorin on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hannawald

by hannawald

and what size are those syncros bars? I think Scott Foil also has 1 1/4, but it has a special headset cap so i dont know if you can fit it..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dorin

by dorin

Syncros are 1 1/8 so it won't work to use the handlebar. I ordered the tri extensions, I can return it if they don't fit (highly expecting it), but I'm hoping maybe some dyi modifications, maybe even a 3D print, may do something, will report after 14th when the shipping is estimated to arrive.

As an alternative I ordered a 3T Aeronova LTD Stealth with Clip-ons and Canyon V13 stem, however more pieces takes away the neat loot and pretty sure will be a tad heavier...

dorin

by dorin

Sorry, I was looking at the SL, only 10gr difference, this may lead some good directions, thanks for pointing the elephant in the room, now all I need is a nice cap, should be able to use the spacers from canyon...
Cheers,
Dorin

hannawald

by hannawald

for sure there is Syncros integrated stem-handlebar combo with 1 1/4 diameter for Scott Foil..

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

The bars aren't the same shape. Those clipons are specific to the syncros bar. They fit very snugly so your only chance of adapting is if the canyon bars are smaller. I haven't examined the differences closely, just know that the clipons are extremely specific.

dorin

by dorin

I ordered the RR1.0 and the tri extension, I like having handlebar-stem combo, all I have to do now is see what kind of spacers do I need for the Canyon to keep a nice neat look, and totally confused about the computer mount, will wait till it arrives. I was amazed between US an EU prices :(

inchul

by inchul

I own a canyon and I ride.
Their own standards make us too hard

tomtom

by tomtom

Canyon themselves had made a prototype for TT extensions on a Aerocockpit. Strangly I cannot find the picture anymore.....
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

dorin

by dorin

I cancelled the Syncros order and ordered instead the H.380 SL from Haero-Carbon https://www.haero-carbon.com/shop/lenker/h380-tr-sl-triathlon-lenker

Is meant to be way lighter and got a V13 stem with spacers from canyon. If I'm not happy I'll return it and order the Syncros, I should have them in 2 weeks, will revert then with pictures

Cheers,
Dorin

SteveCPH

by SteveCPH

tomtom wrote:Canyon themselves had made a prototype for TT extensions on a Aerocockpit. Strangly I cannot find the picture anymore.....

I'm pretty sure it just came out - I've been very interested in this finally becoming available and have been following it closely!

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/accessorie ... 4#id=62035

Canyon man: Strive for MTB, Aeroad for road / triathlon

dorin

by dorin

Kidding me?!? Just spent 900usd...foam at my mouth. I’ll order the canyon and sell the syncros, with whatever loss...

SteveCPH wrote:
tomtom wrote:Canyon themselves had made a prototype for TT extensions on a Aerocockpit. Strangly I cannot find the picture anymore.....

I'm pretty sure it just came out - I've been very interested in this finally becoming available and have been following it closely!

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/accessorie ... 4#id=62035

Bodil

by Bodil

Did you ever find a solution?

The T4+ from pro-design is no longer available

dorin

by dorin

Yes, I used the one from canyon, and recently bought a second one off eBay for the endurace, is very nice, comfty and leaves no marks :)

Warning, on eBay they’re rare (searched for almost 6month) and they do take advantage of being discontinued (paid 300uro, and the most frustrating thing the invoice showed it was bought from canyon in July, although they always replied to me they do not have them anymore)...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com