Pinarello Dogma F10 Disc - 820gr possible? Real world numbers or BS?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Hi WW's...

Like some others I'm dreaming of a future bike and while browsing got hung up on a specification for the F10 disc.

Most disc brake frames, especially the aero ones, are quite heavy. No lower than 1000gr I'd say. There are not that many out there so my suspicion is that none have really been built with weight as a serious priority.

If the F10 really does come in at 820gr it would be a ridiculously light aero disc frame. If one could find the dough it could be a true all-rounder (except comfort). Climbs, flats, descents.

What do you think about this? BS?

Features:
    Frame: Torayca T1100 1K high tensile / high modulus carbon
    Fork: Pinarello Onda F10 w/ aero tabs
    Rear Stay: Carbon
    Fork Axle: 12mm Thru x 100mm
    Steerer Tube: 1 1/8” - 1 1/2”
    Headset Included: Yes, Pinarello drop-in
    Bottom Bracket Type: 70mm | Italian threaded
    Cable Routing: Internal, electronic or mechanical compatible
    Front Derailleur Mount: Braze-on
    Front Derailleur Pull Type: Bottom pull
    Front Derailleur Swing Type: Bottom swing
    Wheel Size: 700c
    Max Tire Clearance: 25mm
    Brake Type: Disc
    Seatpost Diameter: Aero
    Seatpost Included: Yes, Pinarello carbon
    Seat Collar Included: Yes, Twin Force closure
    Rear Axle: 12mm Thru x 142mm
    Sizes: 44cm | 46.5cm | 47cm | 50cm | 51.5cm | 53cm | 54cm | 55cm | 56cm | 57.5cm | 59.5cm | 62cm |
    Colors: 917 BoB, 920 Team Sky, 918 Red Magma (special order), 916 Black Lava (special order), MyWay (custom color)
    Weight: 820g | 1.81lbs

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Pinarello quoted frame weights are usually unpainted, without any hardware and so on. So I'd say, you can easily add ad least 150g to that number.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

Dream on...... i have/had 4 Pinarello's (Galileo, Paris FP, 2x Dogma size 54 or 55) and the weight NEVER was accurate. No hardware, unpainted, smallest size, etc. For my dize usually +200gr and usually a not very light fork. BUT, they ride fantastic. Once I thought 'lets go lightweight' with a Sworks SL3. I sold it after 6 months. Terrible bike, way to stiff and nervous for me. Climbing was oke, but descending was hell compared to my Dogma.

Delorre

by Delorre

Competitive cyclist gives a weight of 1990 gr for a f8 53cm frameset in red/black matt (frame, fork, headset, seatpost and other hardware) I let you do the math's, but it's clear the frame is more around 1200gr or more... And f8 vs f10 will not be that much more, maybe 50gr.

MoreRideTime

by MoreRideTime

I weighted up a 51.5cm F8 frame set at my LBS a while back. I got 990g for the frame (gloss black/red/white), 430g for an uncut fork and 220g for the seat post. I didn't weight the headset. I think that Pinarello's claimed weight for the F10 disc is optimistic.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Typically, paint will add between 45~120g. Depending on the type used and complexity of paintwork. (But mostly due to thickness of paint sprayed.)

Then you need to add the various cable sockets/grommets/connectors, the FD hanger, the RD hanger and the seatpost clamp.

So a 820g bare frame will come in approximately 1000 +/- 50g most probably.