Anyone riding 4iiii power meter? Water resistance?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

FastforaSlowGuy

by FastforaSlowGuy

I've read the DCRainmaker reviews but would appreciate any real world impressions. I'd especially like to hear how it does in the rain and any issues with water intrusion. Battery life issues, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

FastforaSlowGuy wrote:I've read the DCRainmaker reviews but would appreciate any real world impressions. I'd especially like to hear how it does in the rain and any issues with water intrusion. Battery life issues, etc.

I had no issues with mine. 4iiii sent a new o-ring a few months ago (gratis), with a recommendation to change out the old one. I assume they sent the o-rings to all their customers, just to keep a fresh seal on the battery covers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

evan326

by evan326

I only have had mine about two weeks, but I've had no issues. I actually got caught in a little bit of rain the other day, no issue. Battery is still at 91% after about 13 hours of riding.

Jere

by Jere

Hi
Just rode 5 days in the rain its fine
I only have about 65 hours on the every Day bike.
Jere B

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

FYI - the meter wouldn't necessarily exhibit a problem during a rainy ride -- it would exhibit a problem a day or two afterward, if water got into the battery compartment then dried/crusted/or sat still. After a rainy ride, I made sure the crank arm was nice and dry and the outside of the battery compartment was dry. THEN, I opened it to remove the battery and let it sit 'opened' overnight so everything can dry nicely. I treated my P1 pedals the same way.

The Quarq, on the other hand, has a mil-spec (or so it seems!!) watertight battery compartment, and I'm not worried about that one at all.

gewichtweenie

by gewichtweenie

mine's been flawless. rode inadvertently through absolutely pouring rain. rode in the snow. spray it down with a hose to clean it. never a hiccup, not a glitch

FastforaSlowGuy

by FastforaSlowGuy

Thanks WW! I've never been totally happy with my Stages. I find it requires a lot of babying after a wet ride. Wipe it down, pull the battery, etc. It's not rocket science, but it is annoying.

dogrange

by dogrange

Had one on my rando bike for about 1.5 years. No issues, a fair amount of bad weather has been ridden through.

Brus

by Brus

i´m using 4iiii on my mtb for about 6 months and no problem. It definitely got also a bit of spray from pressure water cleaner several times.

Streetviper

by Streetviper

I asked 4iiii if their Powermeters are CX approved and got a definite yes from them.

TonyM

by TonyM

Like Stages also stated that they are waterproof....

Sammutd88

by Sammutd88

Never had an issue. Mines been submerged in a puddle (I definitely misjudged the depth!) and zero issues.

LouisN

by LouisN

Been using mine for a little less than a year.
Both road ( approx. 7000 km ) and 6 weeks of CX ( swapping my left arm on the CX bike), and absolutely no issues :thumbup: .

Louis :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com