New Giro Vanquish MIPS helmet

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

53x12

by 53x12

We saw the first photos a few months back leading up to the TdF. Looks like the production version is now ready for full release to consumers at the end of the year. I have the Giro Aerohead which has been a fantastic TT helmet, the best I have ever owned. This Vanquish looks very promising.

$275
305g
50g Zeiss shield lens
3 sizes (S/M/L)
6 colors of helmet with 4 lens color options

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ice-50685/

First ride review: http://www.velonews.com/2017/08/news/fi ... met_446706
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

53x12

by 53x12

"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

53x12 wrote:$275
305g
50g Zeiss shield lens

:shock:

53x12 wrote:$275

:noidea:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Looks so good
Using Tapatalk

bilwit

by bilwit

never understood the point of the shield if it's not a TT-specific helmet.. kind of silly

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

The Shield is pretty good for the track I've found.

Tried on the Vanquish today, super comfortable, compared to the Synthe it fitted my head a lot better. Both size medium. The MIPS looks to be more integrated into the fit system, so that will probably be a factor. The Visor snaps on really nice, good field of vision. It's been so long since I've put on an Air Attack Shield I'm not sure if it's better or worse.

53x12

by 53x12

bilwit wrote:never understood the point of the shield if it's not a TT-specific helmet.. kind of silly

With the Aerohead, the field of vision is incredible to a regular TT lid and sunglasses. I'm actually looking forward using the Vanquish + shield lens. If anything like the Aerohead, the FOV will be amazing. Also, Zeiss lens are very nice. Great clarity.

Nefarious86 wrote:Looks so good

I agree. They did a great job with it.

glam2deaf wrote:The Shield is pretty good for the track I've found.

Tried on the Vanquish today, super comfortable, compared to the Synthe it fitted my head a lot better. Both size medium. The MIPS looks to be more integrated into the fit system, so that will probably be a factor. The Visor snaps on really nice, good field of vision. It's been so long since I've put on an Air Attack Shield I'm not sure if it's better or worse.

How did you get a early fit with it? Did you get a chance to ride with it too?

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Giro rep bought in samples to see. Both colourways look great. No chance for a ride with it though.

In regards to ventilation this will be a huge improvement over the Air Attack.

53x12

by 53x12

Did the rep being in the black and white zebra print one? If so, does it look as good in person as the pictures show?

Anything is better than the Air Attack. That thing was like a coffin.

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Yeah the stripes looks awesome in person. It would be my pick if I was in the market for a new helmet.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Probably will be my next try after Specialized Evade wears out.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

jorryt

by jorryt

The price....

53x12

by 53x12

jorryt wrote:The price....

It is a bit pricey for a helmet, but the Specialized Evade is $225 MSRP. I think once this hits the street at $275 MSRP, you will see sales that will get it lower after the initial release. Performance Bike seems to have some sale or event every month. Also have to remember you are getting a Zeiss lens with the helmet which is around a $50 value. Whether or not you want it or will use it is immaterial to the fact that it still comes with the helmet. So the price isn't too out of line to its competitors.

rossjm11

by rossjm11

The Vanquish was listed at $250 the other day on their website... I am not sure why it is down now, surely other people saw that. It looks pretty good to me, certainly expensive but hopefully cooler than the Evade; which I ditched due to hot summer riding.
BMC SLR01 2015
Redline Conquest Team

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

P90Puma

by P90Puma

Going to replace my pretty beat Air Attack Shield with this, anyone seen Canadian pricing yet?