Travel with Tacx Neo Smart

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eurgo

by eurgo

Hi,

Hopefully, this is the right board to post on! I travel a lot for work, and I am wondering if anyone has any experience traveling/flying with the Tacx Neo Smart trainer. I am hoping to fit it into a carry on bag. Not sure if there is a way to break down the trainer further to make it more compact.

If anyone has experience flying with this trainer, I would love to hear about how you did it, what bag you used, and if you had to break it down beyond just folding it up.

Thanks

ms6073

by ms6073

I have not flown with the Tacx Neo, but having traveled extensively by air for cyclocross races several years back, I had no issues storing a Tacx Bushido in the overhead bin for flights on Boeing 737 and larger aircraft, but unless you can find a way to easily remove/attach the 'wings', I suspect a Neo will be to wide to fit into overhead storage. Furthermore, the Neo will be a non-starter on smaller regional jets & turbo props as the overhead for these aircraft are typically half the depth and 2/3 the height.
Last edited by ms6073 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PinaF8

by PinaF8

You will not be able to fit that Neo in the overhead compartment and will need to be checked. I suggest picking up a smaller trainer. I will not trust any baggage handler moving that Neo around and I will not be surprised to arrive damaged to your destination.
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Surely the Neo weighs way too much to qualify for carry on luggage? I know my KICKR certainly does…